At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager from within the Luxury Fashion industry to join a highly motivated global IT team. The Programme Manager will lead the delivery of a IT programmes made up of multiple interrelated projects across their entire lifecycle, from initiation through to closure. They will lead across a complex multi-function, multi-vendor, global environment. They will manage internal and external resources in a highly networked environment creating value for Burberry. This will be achieved while creating key business relationships with the Supply Chain leadership team based in Italy and IT Leaders in the UK.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a key liaison role with the leadership teams across Burberry's Italian sites for the UK based IT leadership team.
- Line manager the Project Managers based in country or working on projects in Italy, while providing leadership oversite to other IT roles based in the region which are not directly managed.
- Leading projects and programmes end-to-end, from inception and vision creation through to acceptance in to service and support.
- Manage programme financials including initial business case, estimates, budgets and forecasts across Opex and Capex.
- Proactivity manage a complex programme stakeholder environment up to executive level across multiple internal functions and locations.
- Lead and manage internal resource across a matrix organization and across a supplier landscape globally.
- Create and maintain accurate programme-wide RAID log and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor.
- Guide experienced project managers and/or workstream leads within the programme of work, mentoring coaching and developing their careers.
- Establish an approach for ensuring the realisation of benefits and the measurement of those benefits against the business case across the entire programme.
- Close programme and conduct lessons learned sessions to capture and document the knowledge and ensure its availability to other programme and project managers.
- Delivered £1-10m projects/programmes on time and on budget.
- Experience across multiple project delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile and hybrid).
- Ability to apply both creative and pragmatic thinking to problem solving.
- Can work autonomously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven leadership and people management expertise, with the ability to prioritise activities and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive; able to acclimate in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take a holistic view of the business case, using this to guide programme execution, and understanding of the broader context of decisions.
- Strong judgement with willingness to take responsibility for project decisions.
- Experienced line manager and people leader able to coach and mentor.
- Extensive experience in Product Development and Supply chain within luxury.
- Understanding of the Italian market, Suppliers and Service Integrators within apparel.
- Fluent in Italian and English both written and spoken.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.