Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview Job Overview
The Site Merchandising Team at Bloomingdale's is responsible for elevating, optimizing and driving the Bloomingdales.com business across all platforms. The Senior Director of Site Merchandising leads the category merchandising teams (Women's Ready-to-Wear, Center Core, Men's, Young World and Home) and serves as the primary thought partner to merchants, marketing and digital product to provide a best-in-class digital shopping experience for our customers today and tomorrow. This leader is an expert in digital commerce and deeply engaged in the business to lead highly collaborative teams in our effort to optimize our customers path to discovery and purchase - ultimately improving the digital shopping experience, increasing consumer confidence to convert, pivoting to capitalize on business opportunities and designing thoughtful solutions that inject inspiring moments in the digital customer journey. The Senior Director builds engaged and highly functional teams and partnerships across the Macy's Inc. enterprise - serving as the lead digital strategist for the Bloomingdale's site merchandising teams.
This role will sit within the Customer & Revenue Growth organization - sitting at the intersection of humanity & technology, digital & physical commerce, high-touch & seamless experiences - all with a focus on the customer to drive profitable growth. The Senior Director of Site Merchandising should be energized and inspired by the Bloomingdale's brand and business and be equally excited by the opportunity to apply innovative digital and merchandising strategies in a truly customer-centric, channel agnostic way. This role will report to the VP, Digital & Technology and lead four direct reports.Essential Functions Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies
- Create an exemplary and elevated site experience across all families of business: drive the holistic digital strategy using insights to create a seamless customer experience, overseeing visual site merchandising, site functionality including navigation, search and browse, PDP optimization.
- Serve as a strategic partner to internal stakeholders - with a focus on digital marketing partners and merchants: devise and advise on tactics across the funnel to capitalize on opportunities, build forward thinking strategies with internal and external vendor partners.
- Lead four direct reports and a broader team of 40 - with the responsibility of building bespoke digital strategies for each family of business. Think and lead like a merchant and digital strategies with a strong sense of curiosity - moving strategies where the customer is going vs. where they were.
- Continually identify opportunities and best practices that can scale - driving continuous improvement of the site's strategic direction and detailed execution. Approach opportunities with an agile test and learn mindset. Embed operational excellence to increase capabilities and enhance skills, knowledge and performance.
- Proactively monitor site health and performance through analytics and key metrics: oversee the development of site metrics and dashboards to monitor site health, providing strategic insights to internal stakeholders to influence the overall direction for the site.
- Guide the direction of the Digital Roadmap with Macy's Inc. product leaders to ensure the unique needs of the Bloomingdale's business and customers are met.
- Serve as a primary business partner to 3rd party partners.
We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply. Years Of Experience Minimum Years of Experience Maximum Years of Experience Comments
10 10+ years of relevant digital experience (online merchandising, digital retail) Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 10+ years of relevant digital experience (online merchandising, digital retail).
- Cross-functional & Influence Based Leadership: Prior experience leading, developing and coaching a team of various levels. Ability to lead cross-functionally through influence and build relationships across functions and hierarchy levels to leverage smarter decision-making across our organization. Collaboration skills are critical.
- Strategic & Creative Thinking: Creative, innovative thinker able to apply structure and analytical rigor to complex problems, drawing actionable insights and translating them into a vision, strategy, and action plan. High curiosity for what's new and next - with an eye on how it applies to our business.
- Art & Science: Use data and insights to make informed and impactful decisions with the acumen to translate complex data into actions and improvements.
- Customer Champion: Thinks as a customer to anticipate wants and needs to the mutual benefit of the company and the customer.
- Influential Communicator: Outstanding written and verbal communication with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise manner for diverse audiences.
- Solution Orientation: Ability to determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business. Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset to find new perspective.
- Prioritization in a Fast Paced Environment: Ability to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize tasks, and communicate timeline to team members.
- Functional Proficiency: Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the enterprise.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).