In accordance with the policies of the Fashion Institute of Technology, and under supervision of Administrative personnel, incumbents will perform various duties in support of campus security and public safety including supervising and monitoring the performance of security personnel, creating and employing daily assignment charts of security personnel, and conducting routine inspections of uniform personnel, equipment and log books. Responsibilities:
- Maintain radio contact with Central Dispatch and other essential personnel.
- Act as Incident Commander during critical incidents until relieved by Administrative personnel.
- Obey and enforce departmental rules as specified in Standard Operational Procedures.
- Write complete, accurate and timely reports via established reporting protocols.
- Voucher and safeguard evidence and recovered property pending final disposition.
- When assigned, provide escort to visiting dignitaries, VIPs and various members of the campus community.
- Provide testimony in College disciplinary and legal proceedings.
- Work various tours and assignments based upon the needs of the department.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in security, law enforcement and/or military.
- A valid NYS Driver's License with a serviceable driving record and a valid NYS Security Guard License.
- Must maintain high standards in personal appearance and uniform standards.
- Associate's degree in criminal justice or a related field.
- Basic familiarity with email and computer software programs for report writing.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Starting Salary
$57,052 per year Work Schedule
Days/Hours: Rotating Shifts, in person (40 hours per week); work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, and productive. Our programs include a variety of components to help meet employees needs in order to improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, constantly analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be indoors and outdoors, extreme temperature changes and operating a motor vehicle. The physical requirement for this position will require occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, frequent walking, and occasionally lifting 10-50 lbs. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the positions of Sergeant/ Tour Supervisor in the Office of Public Safety.