At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
To develop and to engineer materials as an area of excellence for Burberry.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supplier/industry facing.
- Manage raw materials from development to industrialisation (bulk).
- Reduces issues at bulk.
- Drive innovation and quality improvements.
- Support our headquarter teams if any action/fix needs to be done in region.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with suppliers, to stay current and accomplish material development objectives.
- Build relationship with experts in industry, academia, and trade associations to keep up to date on Technology and Product advances.
- Gains in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for Raw Materials & Finished goods.
- Expert knowledge on Strategic Technical development of Raw Materials, through value engineering and enhanced technology.
- Expert Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation; Own a material subtype / Category.
- Assesses benchmark and directs deep dive analysis of Raw Material components and identifies growth opportunities.
- Provide detailed directions to suppliers for Raw Material technical development.
- Hold Suppliers accountable to Raw Materials. performance standards, processes and expectations;
- Identify opportunities for on boarding, training and elevation of Suppliers.
- Lead Special projects and provide training and guidance to peers and partners.
- Project management (reporting, leadership, engage with people).
- Appetite for innovation.
- Laboratory and testing knowledge.
- Comfort in assessing and interpreting test reports
- Italian language.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Materials development or manufacturing.
- Experience of high fashion or luxury brand ideally
- Must have spent formative years in Tannery
- Must have lead the development end to end skins/hides for luxury sector.
- Knowledge of tanning chemistry and in depth knowledge of leather finishing.
- Comfortable with bovine and ovine skins.
- Master Degree in leather engineering.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||