About Banana Republic
Born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits, Banana Republic has repositioned itself as a premium, experiential lifestyle brand for today's modern world. Designed for a life where anything is possible, we use the finest materials with the latest fabric innovations to create timeless, versatile clothing, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Through our home and art collections, we extend beyond apparel and are a part of our customers' lives at home.
We are creating memorable, immersive experiences online and in-store that build lasting relationships and solve our customers' lifestyle needs. Our team is made up of passionate and curious storytellers who are pushing the boundaries to deliver consistent, quality product through an elevated customer experience. Sound interesting? Join us as on the BR journey as we create what's next.About the Role
This position will assume a Head of Finance role for Banana Republic, including day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities for the brand. As a direct partner to the Brand President and their business teams, this leader will use insights, financial KPIs, business outcomes and Brand/Company strategies and goals to drive financial performance of the Brand. As a key member of the Finance Leadership Team, the VP, Brand Finance will report to the SVP, Brand Finance.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Provide strategic financial leadership in the development for the continuous advancement and evaluation of short and long-term financial objectives.
- Champion financial leadership of cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization (Digital, Stores, Regional, Sourcing, Product/Merch, and Tech) while ensuring delivery of Financial goals and maintaining Financial controls.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with brand leadership teams to identify needs and seek full range of business solutions; provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities for both brand and Gap Inc.
- Align financial strategies to the business and lead the team to invest in profitable growth, proactively evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Drive focus on stakeholders (customers, partners and competitors), foster an entrepreneurial mind-set geared at problem solving.
- Partner with the Commercial Finance team to utilize analyses and reporting to drive profitable financial outcomes within the Brand.
- Manage the brand capital plan to achieve business cases, maximize return and deliver expected ROIC
- Guide and coach the organization to improve their financial decision making, controls, and develop an empowered, entrepreneurial culture focused on Profitability and Return on Investment
- Engage, motivate, recruit, develop, and retain high performing teams through varying business climates with effective communication, empowerment, skill building and leadership
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Extensive financial experience, preferably within retail, including Corporate FP&A, M&A, and business insights-BS/BA required, MBA or CPA preferred
- Proven ability to connect the dots on how value gets created, drive growth, and profitability
- Ability to use analytics to support complex decisions and create more accountability across the brand
- Profound understanding of Vertical Retail including Merchandise Planning, Allocation, and Pricing; Inventory Management and Commercial Planning; Supply Chain and Sourcing
- Proven strengths in Marketing Effectiveness & Brand Management
- Ability to lead with agility, pivoting resources to the Brand's most pressing issues and strategic vision
- Ability to staff, motivate and lead department; ability to influence and drive strategy through cross functional teams
- Capable of strategically influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Proven ability to look toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge. Student of the competition with innovative and transformational mindset; profound experience in broad-scale change and rapid growth
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $245,500 - $337,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.