Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
Do you have your finger on the pulse with all things social, culture, and fashion? Gap is seeking a passionate Manager of Social Media to join our Marketing team. This person will be tasked with growing Gap's social presence and telling stories that creatively portray the brand's identity across all-channels, with big-picture thinking, innovative strategies, and a collaborative approach.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop, drive and execute social media strategies that drive business goals, such as audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach, awareness and affinity for seasonal, evergreen and collaboration campaigns
- Generate creative ideas and produce best-in-class, social-first and innovative story filled content across organic channels
- Have the pulse on all things culture and trending moments across all platforms to keep Gap in the conversation and relevant in authentic ways
- Grow and leverage relationships with social platforms and potential influencers/partners
- Schedule social posts and maintain the social calendar providing visibility and alignment across teams
- Work with the social team to create weekly briefs and provide clear feedback for the creative teams
- Report on content performance, social insights, commentary themes and best practices
- Assist team to execute influencer strategies and provide insights
- Assist team with collaboration documentation and campaign execution
Benefits at Gap
- 5-7 years' experience in a social media or relevant roles, ideally in a fashion/e-commerceetail environments
- Brand experience is preferred and agency experience is a plus
- Passion, In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience with all social media platforms with a focus on Instagram and TikTok
- Demonstrated success building communities in the social space
- Strong visual eye and copy skills to partner with creative and editorial to bring Gap and Gap Kids brand to life in ways that create community, provide value and/or entertainment
- Pre-existing relationships with social media platforms, potential partners/influencers, agencies, designers and photographers a plus
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools
- Must be able to adapt with changing priorities, possess outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other organization and collaboration platforms
- Solutions first mindset with willingness to explore and roll-up sleeves to ensure team success
- Strong presentation, communication, writing and collaboration skills
- Team driven attitude and passion for learning
- Strategic thinker with excellent time and project management skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $106,700 - $141,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.