As the Accessories Product Developer, you are the driving force of product excellence of On Accessories rapidly growing product range. Achieving a leading market position requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation shareholders, in our case through materiality. You will directly influence and shape the On Accessories landscape and drive ambitious innovative and sustainable solutions. You embrace challenges and take initiative to solve them by striving for even better. You will report into the Accessories Creation Lead and will collaborate closely with the Accessories Design, Development and Strategy team.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of a range of accessories (workmanship, construction, prototyping, fit, sizing, pattern, PLM, samples).
- Critically evaluate styles at each proto milestone to ensure cost, pattern efficiency and areas of construction improvement are assessed, proposed and discussed with the wider team.
- Partner with design to create tech-packs, translating their vision to T1 suppliers offering technical guidance and performance construction solutions to ensure products are build to withstand required briefs and consumer demands
- Lead fit and proto review sessions and advise on fit amendments, pattern updates, grading and sizing as needed.
- Adhere to and evolve the product creation process from concept to sales-team sample stage, in relation to key seasonal milestones in collaboration the Product Ops and Creation lead.
- Establish and maintain strong and trusting relationships with cross-functional team members and external partners.
- Drive product innovation, bringing ideas to the table at briefing stage by partnering with the materials team, exploring newness with T1, keeping up to date with the industry and understanding the On consumer needs
- Lead product testing at development stages, working closely with the Wear Testing team and Sourcing to ensure products are going through relevant testing in preparation for commercialisation.
- Build testing frameworks for performance product in-line with company and Product Strategy vision.
- Manage calendar, ensuring suppliers are adhering to deadlines and our products are meeting milestone deadlines, problem solving and offering solutions throughout the development cycle where necessary.
- Drive seasonal visions by partnering with the Accessories Material Specialists to bring innovative and well-thought out ideas to the table at Kick-off phases and IDR.
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum) in Product Development / Product Engineering from a global leading university or in a related field
- 7+ years of experience in the industry, specialising in Product Development (minimum 3-5 years accessories specific development experience)
- Asia & European supplier/factory experience as a fundamental part of the previous role
- Affinity for Sportswear design and technology, with a key awareness of trends both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Strong understanding of the industry's processes and eagerness to learn & mentor proactively
- Willingness to travel globally to our material suppliers/mills to create, develop, and source On accessories, in line with our company strategy and vision.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Organised and hands-on working attitude with a flexible and open mind for visionary solutions
- Strong understanding of the industry's processes with ability to lead cross-functional projects toward a vision collaboratively.
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges
- You have the ability to follow and lead complex processes and can offer ideas to improve on existing methods of working
Meet The Team
We're responsible for creating innovative accessories for On. You will join a newly established team within the R&D function. We have a lot of responsibility to try and meet the needs and demands of runners, so we research, design, develop and test lots of ideas scientifically.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.