As a data engineer you'll design data models, build data pipelines, automate builds and deployments using CI/CD, decipher APIs, and leverage SQL to provide timely, clean, tested, documented and well-defined data.
You also act as an enabler for other data domain teams by providing guidance on architectural and design decisions, supporting their data modeling efforts and evangelizing and encouraging our best practices and governance policies.
What your first 6 months at On might look like:
- 1 month:
- Get to know the data landscape and introduce yourself to various data teams you will be interacting with pick up and resolve your first change request
- Participate in code reviews making sure that our code is well designed, tested, robust, secure, compliant, performant and readable
- 3 months:
- Act as a subject matter expert in supporting other domain teams data engineering efforts
- Implement a new service or feature to our codebase
- 6 months:
- Introduce an important architectural improvement to our systems.
- Seek out for opportunities to simplify and streamline data management systems and processes
Tech Stack: https://stackshare.io/on/bi-team
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in SQL programming
- Experience with software engineering concepts/skills - git version control, testing, debugging, research, technical problem solving, continuous learning
- You have experience with data warehousing, data modeling and ELT concepts
- You have experience working with data infrastructure, storage, APIs, data pipelines, observability and workflow orchestration in distributed cloud environments
- You are proactive and communicative
- You are comfortable managing multiple concurrent tasks and have the capacity and willingness to completely own their lifecycle with minimal oversight
- You work organized and agile, focusing on reproducibility and scalability in a dynamic business context
- You are enthusiastic about innovating, excited to continuously learn and comfortable with ambiguity
- You are curious and like to keep up with existing and new technology trends in the data space
- Experience with Python
- Experience with modern data tools (our data stack is based on GCP and we use BigQuery, Airflow, dbt, Looker & Hex)
- You have experience working with containerization and orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes) and infrastructure as a code frameworks (Terraform, Helm)
- You have worked closely with business users, have an understanding of business processes (sales, finance, supply chain) and are comfortable with communicating with all levels of stakeholders
Meet The Team
The platform data team is responsible for building, maintaining and growing internal data platforms, systems and processes that empower everyone at On to impact business outcomes by making informed decisions.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.