This is your opportunity to become part of the worlds' fastest growing sports company. As a Color Specialist, you will work in an inter-disciplinary environment at On and help us organise our collections, as well as own the Go To Market color process. You will evolve in a very fast-moving environment where you will be involved in the full color process from creative kick-off to operational implementation that brings these products to market.
- Work with Material team, Development team and Commercialization team to establish color standards and acceptable range
- Excellent color eye
- Ensure distribution of color standards to T1 teams
- Organize the color standard acceptable range in the material library
- Communicate daily with T2 suppliers on color development and work with them on improving the quality in order to fit the acceptable range decided by On
- Communicate with mills, agents, vendors, color lab technicians to identify technical limitations on various substrates and finishes for colors
- Troubleshoot and challenge external parties to get the best color match
- Coordinate all components in a single item i.e. (multiple substrates, color blocking, trim, etc...)
- Coordinate and approve lab dips for both sale sample yardage and bulk
- Identify color standards with metameric properties and find a resolve
- Ensure color consistency across all categories
- Coordinate with production, design, merchandising, overseas and domestic mills on color approvals and timing
- Establish and enforce procedures for maintaining high standards of quality and consistency in color coordination
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of company's Standard Operating Procedure Manual as it relates to our color tolerances
- Act as the Color Authority and liaison with all external parties, especially working with developers and QC on assessing color standard approval both in development and for Bulk
- You've got a degree in Footwear Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology, but you're not ready to stop learning just yet
- A real expert in your field, you've worked in global footwear industry, or relevant industry, for at least 5 years, within Asia suppliers
- Affinity for Footwear design and technology, particularly in the technical performance category, with an eye for aesthetics and key awareness of technical materials both within the industry and analogous industries
- A true team player, you understand and respect the importance of collaboration and compromise
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment
- Good command of English communication. Mandarin is a plus.
Meet The Team
The Material team at On is both creative and technical - We translate design visions into performance materials through technical knowledge and experience, but equally come to the table with newness from outside suppliers when the time is right.
As the glue that binds design, development and product management together, we are a new team that's gaining momentum. Materials are getting recognition for how integral they are in product creation, so we need proactive, entrepreneurial people to hit the ground running.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.