We are excited to offer this new role to a passionate, business-oriented, pragmatic, and proactive commercial lawyer who has a demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload, while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues. As a team member of the On Legal team in Switzerland, you will be located at the US office of On in Portland and take ownership of a broad range of day-to-day topics including commercial contracts, litigation, corporate housekeeping and all other legal issues that arise at a fast growing premium sports brand.
- Provide the entire NA and LATAM organization, including the respective leadership teams, with hands-on advice in a broad range of legal topics.
- Utilize your strong background in commercial law, with a particular focus on drafting and reviewing contracts in the area of sales and distribution, marketing, sponsoring, e-commerce, athlete sponsorship, leases, IT, etc. General knowledge in the areas of data protection and employment law is a plus.
- Create templates and guidelines to support the entire NA and LATAM organization in their daily work.
- Ensure compliance with our internal guidelines as well as federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Be able to conduct a risk analysis for the market and take proactive steps to mitigate those risks.
- Develop and conduct antitrust/ fair competition training for the teams.
- Coordinate, manage and challenge outside counsel on various legal topics.
- Support the Global Legal Team at On in various internal and external projects.
- 8+ years post qualification experience in an international law firm and in-house experience, preferably experience in a consumer facing company.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to address complex legal and business challenges.
- Collaborative nature and the ability to build relationships with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Innovative mindset with a passion for identifying and protecting innovative ideas.
- Commitment to continuous learning and staying updated with the latest developments in your focus area.
Meet The Team
Working out of our brand new head-office in Portland, you will support the On team in North America and Latin America (Americas) in their daily endeavors. Being part of the Legal Team at On means being an entrepreneurial minded self-starter, who likes teamwork and is not afraid of venturing into unknown territory and working autonomously and with a high degree of proactiveness. Your mission is to provide the Americas organization with business-oriented advice and enable On to grow internally and externally in those regions. You will work in Portland and be part of a team of lawyers and paralegals who are located in Switzerland. You will report directly to the General Counsel of On.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.