Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE Ralph Lauren seeks an experienced Finance Sr. Manager to join the North America FP&A team. This individual will be responsible for managing the North America capital spend. The responsibilities will include building business cases for new projects, creating and managing Capital Acquisition Requests (CAR) for new spend approval, and forecasting project spend and overseeing financial operational processes throughout life of project through project close out. This individual will be finance partner to various parties involved in store execution, including RL Store Development, Asset Protection, IT, etc. The ideal candidate will be a proactive financial professional with the ability to manage and deliver priorities accurately, on-time, and with a high- degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. This position requires strong foundational knowledge of finance and accounting, i.e., GAAP rules for capital expenditures, demonstrated experience supporting financial planning activities, and experience working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders throughout the division.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES Monthly P&L Close/Forecast Preparation & Expense Management
* Oversee/manage monthly close, forecasting, and reporting objectives for supported divisions. Analyze operating results against forecast, plan and prior year (variance analyses) and compile all deliverables per monthly timelines
* Develop strong relationships with the leaders of each functional area and meet regularly to ensure financials targets are achieved, and to manage forecast risks and opportunities
* Manage month-end close process which includes journal prep, accruals, collecting supporting documentation, variance analysis, and reporting prep for exec review
* Build detailed financial models and forecasts to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
* Partner with business teams to align on inputs and key drivers for monthly close and forecast activities
* Create business cases to support capital projects; partnering with owners to ensure projects achieve performance targets
* Preparation of deliverables for quarterly corporate reports, business reviews and budget reviews
* Perform ad hoc analyses, reports and presentations and make recommendations to business and finance partners
* Annual Plan Preparation and Management
* Oversee the development of the strategic business plan for: Hospitality, Brand Image, and RL Store Development
* Partner with business leads to develop short-term and long-term financial plans
* Perform various operational analyses for budget presentation, including historical reviews, industry benchmarking, base analysis, acquisition analysis, etc.
* Process Analysis and Improvement · Through financial partnership with business partners, ensure teams are following appropriate Corp and Financial policies/processes. Alert management of potential areas of exposure or risk of proper compliance. · Analyze existing processes and identify process improvement opportunities and provide support as new processes are coordinated and put in place within and across divisions · Build Finance reporting that leverages systemic reporting Managing Others
* Oversee Analyst to deliver results and deliverables, per expected timelines
* Maintain a culture of inclusion and ensure all employees are respectful, treated fairly, and rewarded based upon merit. Demonstrate strong retention by delivering on objectives Perform various operational analyses for budget presentation, including historical reviews, industry benchmarking, base analysis, acquisition analysis, etc.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 4-5 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, reporting and performance management, preferably within retail and / or fashion apparel environment
* Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities.
* Flexibility in adjusting and reprioritizing to meet the changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
* Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
* Strong communications and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
* Superb financial modeling skills
* Experience with Hyperion Essbase, SAP and / other financial databases
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint