About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Gap Platform Photo Studio is searching for an experienced and accomplished photographer to function as a direct conduit with our brand partners in the elevation and execution of On-Figure Product Photography with a high level of competence, proficiency, and efficiency. While this role will report into and partner with the Sr. Director of Photo Production & Technology, they will be assigned to focus on one of our brand partners production needs, engaging with key brand stakeholders in the areas of lighting, on-set direction, and visual aesthetics necessary to drive consistency in the creation of branded product photography assets. They will troubleshoot on-set photography challenges decisively and expertly execute the brand creative direction while articulating rationale for decisions in support of on-brand vision. This role will improve processes for studio performance against operational metrics and budget while holding and elevating the creative vision of the brand without sacrificing brand creativity and quality. In this role you will innovate ways to shoot new categories or initiatives while following new processes and provide feedback to ensure successful implementation.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Produce the highest quality photography/video for Athleta, Gap, Banana Republic
- Leads product photography execution for assigned brand, regularly partnering with key brand stakeholders for feedback and to fully understand the seasonal vision of the brand necessary to execute photography and video assets to support that vision.
- Work in the studio under direction of Sr. Director, Photo Production and Technology, while functioning independently and alongside Account Managers, Art Directors and Stylists to capture digital images of product their brands products at scale.
- Photograph ecommerce product on-figure with the ability to capture off-figure when needed
- Working closely with the Sr. Director, Photo Production and Technology to identify new ways to shoot photography that will ensure agility and flexibility while maintaining or exceeding production goals. Accomplishing this through strong partnership with manager, account managers, photographers, stylists, art directors, product coordinator and sample manager to ensure production expectations are met
- Responsible for leading the on-set team through the accurate completion of daily shot goals as established by the Account Management team, ensuring daily workload is completed within SLA - raise red flags when in jeopardy, working with Account Managers and studio leadership to resolve roadblocks.
- Proactively identify challenges in workflow or process and use critical thinking to provide Sr. Director, Photo Production and Technology with potential solutions and ensure creation of all process documentation.
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
- Develop techniques and best practices for shooting new categories/projects
- Maintain photography technical execution guides within studio for assigned brand
- Collect and analyze data and testing solutions for process improvements and new initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in photography or related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in hi-volume commercial fashion studio with professionally respected photographers
- Minimum 3 years' experience working as a commercial fashion photographer
- Professional photography portfolio that demonstrates an expert-level knowledge of digital photography, including lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced, team player e-commerce setting
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other team members • Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
- Is willing and able to work within On Figure and Off Figure studio needs based on volume and peak times within the broader studio environment
- Experience with various photo production techniques including figure product, on figure marketing, lay down product and marketing photography in all categories including sport photography.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning, and task delegation under tight deadlines
- High-level proficiency with the industry-standard software tools (Photo Shop and Capture One) and ability to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure
- Proficiency with color management policies
- High-level proficiency with Digital Camera Systems functionality (both still and video) as well as all standard studio lighting techniques and traditional grip practice
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Obsession with delighting customers
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Photographer for premium brands and/or innovative branding firms
- Direct experience working in large scale, high volume, apparel production operation across a variety of product categories
- Proven experience working with Art Directors, Stylists, Production, and freelance talent
- In-depth skills and knowledge in all things related to photography and videography
- Clear understanding of all stages of the photography process, and ability to provide direction to the team to execute
- A change maker, a ground breaker, someone who challenges the status quo and can help us to move the brands forward
- A positive, motivating individual that can easily collaborate and work through confrontation in a solution-minded way
- Accustomed to the high intensity level of an e-commerce studio environment, and ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- Self-driven and able to effectively communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a multi-team environment
- Quality focused and proven to be a quick problem solver to ensure productivity and time to market standards
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $68,200 - $86,900 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.