About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
The Senior Visual Merchandising Specialist is responsible for supporting the creation and execution of global visual directives to achieve compelling visual presentations in store. They digitally and physically execute the full-scale presentations of all product that has been developed through the line adoption process, while also managing the sample intake process. This role works closely with the Visual Styling Team and cross functional partners to gather data needed for monthly store sets, windows and front of store presentations. The Senior Visual Merchandising Specialist participates in all key product milestones for their division.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Maintain a pulse on current and relevant market and visual merchandising trends.
- Synthesize competitive store experience trends, customer needs, and team creative brainstorms in order to create novel and useful updates to the Old Navy store experience.
- Manage the in-season sample process for the entire Visual Merchandising division
- Proactively collaborate with the Visual Styling Team and cross functional partners to support store set process-including visual merchandising and prepare to present to cross-functional partners
- Active involvement and operational efficiency during all store sets and visual communication deliverables - ensure balanced workload, participate in divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met
- Prepare written communication-including monthly style guides and event communication
- Work with key cross-functional business partners (Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Inventory Management, Field Visual and Stores) to support business objectives
- Actively support the Product Creation lifecycle with Design and Merchandising to ensure the product comes to life through compelling storytelling in support of brand strategies, and appropriate assortment levels across the fleet
- Manage competing priorities between digital and physical sample management and merchandising.
- Partner with peers to develop and share best practices in systems, processes, etc.
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Travel as needed
Benefits at Old Navy
- 2-4 years retail industry and store experience
- Visual Merchandising experience
- Elevated fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends into projects
- Problem solver who is familiar with developing creative solutions
- Organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills preferred - Microsoft Office and InDesign
- Knowledge of emerging digital tools
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $83,700 - $111,000 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.