The Custom Silver Apprentice will learn how to expose, set up, tape and blast trophy components and other silver items. This job requires the ability to focus on the same project for long periods of time. The candidate should have some technical skills such as drafting or CAD training as the ability to work with technical drawings is necessary. Woodworking skills and/or Model making training may be applicable. Other necessary requirements are strong communication skills both verbal and written, excellent time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects overlapping. Flexibility and the ability to take constructive feedback and apply what is needed are also crucial. Attention to detail is also critical when both working on the trophy components and quality inspecting various components. Other skills that will be learned are noted below. What You'll Do:
- Learn how to expose the film used to set up trophy components and the equipment associated with it.
- Learn how to set up and tape various shaped silver components.
- Learn how to sandblast using various blasting medias in self-contained blasting units. Polish and cut merchandise as necessary utilizing the polishing and cutting wheels. Use the required personal protective equipment during the process and while operating equipment.
- Learn the Tiffany & Co. standard with regards to quality of merchandise and servicing. Will also learn how to re-work pieces as needed
- Technical School Training or Diploma
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong hand dexterity and precision
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work non-standard hours during peak business periods
- Ability to follow details instructions and meet goals in a specified timeframe
- Ability to comprehend simple and complex instruction
- Candidate must be self-motivated and exhibit patience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Artistic background