Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
We are looking for someone who will be included in the Europe Buying Department, he/she will support the team in the analysis/data management/ stores orders and buying related activities aimed at supporting the Retail Buying Europe Department (MM Woman & Man/MM6)
- Support the stock management: replenishments/transfers/assortments by store in accordance with the current stock situation and sales performances daily
- Analyzing and monitoring the sales performances by store weekly, monthly and seasonally
- Support the team during the buying session (orders insertion in the system)
- Continuous exchange of information with the stores to understand their needs and assure a promptly response and follow-up
- Constant contact with the logistics department to monitor the deliveries of the products and guarantee their arrival in store right on time
- Constant contact with Customer Service department to monitor returns/transfers/product issues
- Collaboration with the VM department to guarantee the proper display of the products in store
- Realization of Marketing reports and competitors' studies
- Support the licenses management
The profile should have:
- Preferably previous internships experience in Buying/Retail merchandising roles
- Very good level of Excel
- Passion and sensibility for the Luxury sector
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Team working attitude and flexibility
- Problem Solving, precision, attention to details
- Fluent English & French/Good level of Italian would be appreciated
- Available from october for 6 months