Please Note: *This role will include weekend working and hours will vary from a week to week on shift basis*
The Guest Experience Assistant must demonstrate an inherent understanding of guest needs and deliver excellent standards in service and hospitality, which surpass our guest's aspirations, making it special right from the start and doing their utmost to make all guests feel welcome. They must also have a thorough & proven understanding of international guest profiles and a strong cultural awareness, which will enable them to intuitively adapt and vary their style of interaction with guests.
• Welcome guests at key touch-points either within the Village or at pre-designated, high footfall locations outside.
• Anticipate, interpret and respond to the expressed and unexpressed needs of visiting guests in an effortless and efficient manner.
• Insightful promotion all functions within the Village Visitor Centre relating to tourist information and the retail offer.
• Promotion and cross-selling of all added value services associated with the Village.
• Seamlessly operate all added value services.
• Provide knowledgeable insights regarding all Brands and the unique offer/promotions, within the Village.
• Engage proactively in building relationships with Village Brands, driving appropriate & relevant footfall
• Engage in and support hospitality initiatives within the Village Visitor Centre, continuously improving on these to surprise & delight our guests
• Understand, take personal accountability for and proactively live the Value Retail Vision for 'world class' Hospitality & Service.
• Proactively provide feedback & suggestions on any aspect of the delivery of Hospitality or our services, which will enhance the experience of our guests and further raise our performance above their expectations.
• Assist and advise guests with their travel arrangements
• Conversant in all Village operational policies & procedures, communicating these to guests as and when appropriate.
• Assist and advise guests with a wider tourism offer, such as booking live entertainment, sightseeing tours, cinema tickets and restaurants, making reservations on their behalf. Use and develop the DMS system.
• Own and resolve customer complaint situations in a professional & reassuring manner and in accordance with company policy.
• Compile daily and weekly reports as instructed by the Village Visitor Centre Manager.
• Engage with our CRM programme and achieve sign ups to our data base.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
• Proven track record of exemplary success in a Host, premium Customer/Guest Services or Tourism role within a luxury environment, which could include Concierge, Tourism, events/PR or the Retail setting.
• Ability to prioritise and adapt effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular in dealing with international guests, with impact & influence.
• Multi-skilled and adaptable in outlook; able to work across multiple environments.
• Strong track record of delivering excellence in a luxury environment, which could have been in a combination of Concierge, Tourism, events/PR or Retail settings.
• Sound understanding of tourism, leisure, and retail sectors.
• Intuitively understands the importance of excellence in guest experience/hospitality.
• International languages are highly desirable, in particular Chinese and Arabic
• Deep understanding on the international luxury customer and their cultural norms & values
• Computer literate and fully conversant in the full suite of Microsoft Office Applications.