The Bicester Collection
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
The Villages are located close to some of Europe's and China's most celebrated cities: London, Milan, Munich, Dublin, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt, Suzhou, and Shanghai. Our Vision
is to be the best shopping destination in the world. Our Mission
is to make the lives of others better - our brands, our guests, our people and our communities. Our Brand Promise
is to offer something extraordinary every day. Our Five Values
are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead.
- Authenticity - Always do the right thing
- Innovation - Think outside of the box
- Passion - Do what you love and love what you do!
- Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious
- Vision - Be mission driven always
La Vallée Village
La Vallée Village is home to more than 120 boutiques from some of the most exciting French and international designers, proposing mainly products from previous collections at irresistible prices all year long , all year round. Sitting just 40 minutes from Paris, the Village guarantees the most memorable of shopping days, with five-star hospitality to make your visit extraordinary.
Come and live Your story with us
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. The Bicester Collection is made up of 1,200 colleagues of 50 nationalities. We are diverse in background, age, experience and leadership style. We believe that an inclusive workforce makes magic happen, and with this in mind we welcome everyone - regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity - to be a part of our family.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional and commercially focused individual to join us. We have huge ambition for what we can achieve together and we want to have fun!
About the role
As our Personal Shopper, you will be part of the team to create an unrivalled and personalised shopping experience in the Village surrounded by leading international luxury brands. You will deliver "an above and beyond" bespoke experience to each guest to help them with their shopping requirements by recommending products using their in-depth knowledge from the range of international brands within the Village that is suitable and meets the client's needs, often introducing brands/items that the client would never have viewed if shopping alone. You will ensure that you are delivering a high quality of customer service to all clients and continually seeking to expand their client list, whilst partnering with brands to assist in increasing their sales.
The key responsibilities of this role will include some or all the following.
- Provide exceptional and personalised customer experience to the high net worth customers
- Offer guests styling advice and introduce new products and brands to them
- Listen and gain an understanding of the clients current clothing options and be confident in suggesting clothing and accessory options that the client may never have thought of
- Suggest gifting options to your guests throughout the year and be proactive in helping them with their shopping requirements
- Find ways to build loyal guests relationships and communicate with the clients preferred form of communication
- Bring and develop your own Personal Shopping client base by nurturing existing clients, introduce new clients and support colleagues as well as getting referrals
- To detect opportunities for collaboration, sponsorship and presence of the Village with institutions and agencies as well as events directed to the high net worth customers
- Be proactive in staying ahead with fashion trends and the luxury fashion industry
- Maintain accurate and clear client profiles so all activity is recorded and can be reported on
- Organize high net work customer visits to the Village
- Support the Personal Shopping Manager with new business opportunities
- Provide regular insights to the Personal Shopping Manager on products and services in stores
- Be responsible for the personal or team sales targets and meet the other objectives
- Act as an ambassador of Personal Shopping and develop working relationships across the business
- Build close relationships with the brands by visiting the stores to assure up to date availability of stock, brand understanding, offers and campaigns to support guests needs and drive sales
- Attend brand training sessions to continually increase your brand/product knowledge
We are looking for an individual who can display the following experience and skills:
- Proven experience in sales in a luxury retail brand, personal shopping experience is essential
- A genuine interest in delivering "an above and beyond" level of service is essential
- Ability to understand luxury consumers, their needs and expectations
- Thorough knowledge of current international fashion trends, designers, products and a good sense of what styles suit guests
- Able to deliver exceptional services to guests by your listening skills, cultural sensitivity, being patient and understanding with an eye on detail
- Efficient, organised and able to plan your working day to accommodate the guests
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in using social media to support client contact and boost sales
- Possess a strong client network / "Black Book"
- Ability to engage and build client relationships
- Ability to prioritise your work to meet tight and multiple deadlines
- Able to work well with all levels across the business and customers
- Demonstrate a creative and open minded capability to adapt to a fast pace environment
- Ability to both work as a team and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English and local Village language, any other language would be beneficial
Key competencies at Your level
The Bicester Collection has developed a competencies framework that supports career path and it's defined at 3 levels, individual, managerial and leadership level.
In this role, at the level, the key competencies are:
- Action-Oriented - Grab opportunities and challenges with enthusiasm, speed and a sense of urgency
- Be Resilient - Bounce back successfully from difficult situations
- Be Tactful and switched on about relationships - Build trust and bond with diverse groups of people
- Foster Collaboration - Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to achieve results
- Guest-Centricity - Deliver guest-centric solutions in line with The Bicester Collection's vision and mission
- Show Adaptability and Agility - Demonstrate flexibility in your approach to tackle and solve business challenges