POSITION SUMMARY: The VP Merchandising Women's is the leader of product merchandising for Calvin Klein Global Women's Apparel product categories.
They are responsible for the development of Global Apparel merchandising dashboards as well as the consolidation of information to support and build strategies for the brand. They are also responsible for establishing and achieving key merchandising objectives, targets, and goals, and ensuring that product lines are brought to market in a timely and profitable manner and in accordance with the line plans and production calendars.
The VP Merchandising Womens will collaborate with the Design leads and oversee the Global Women's Merchant team to determine the merchandising, assortment, and pricing architecture strategy for the season.
In addition, they partner with the Merchandise Planning Team in the development, execution and communication of strategic merchandise financial plans that support the company's financial, product, and marketing objectives; responsible for driving top line financial plans from a divisional level to a department/category level, strategically managing the business in order to maximize sales and margin, and optimizing inventory; develops and contributes to the development of Brand initiatives, and ensures that all planning activities support annual Global goals.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Lead Merchandising efforts for Womens Apparel (including Accessories) offering, translating the Merchandising Leadership vision across region.
- Brings customer and market prospective to the design team. Thoroughly understands the brand's target customer by tracking attitude and lifestyle trends.
- Partner with the Merchandising Leadership on all product and strategic initiatives, both long and short term.
- Drive the seasonal strategy and communicate to the regions.
- Familiar with competitive marketplace and analysis of top selling styles of key competitors; understand upcoming product trends. Communicate competitors' trend information as needed to Design and Sales teams.
- Build and communicate Merchandising metrics to monitor for continued seasonal (and in-season) improvement.
- Collaborate with regional and global partners to gain insight on seasonal collection structure. Align big ideas and establish new key item opportunities.
- Lead the Global Merchandising team to represent business needs including management of seasonal floor mapping
- Collaborate with Visual Marketing team to develop brand marketing materials and initiatives that are globally relevant, and regionally tailored.
- Partner with Supply, RM, and Design to deliver exceptional styles, fabrics, and fit
- Oversee the creation of strategic financial plans that support the company's objectives and brand goals from a top down perspective.
________________________________________________________________ QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- At a division/department level, develop sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that support the company's profit objectives.
- Collaborate with direct reports to ensure that financial objectives align with product opportunities.
- Guide cross-functional partners (Design, Marketing), utilizing historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities and right size under performing categories.
- Understand and identify risks from direct reports and communicate to key business partners including merchandising, finance, marketing, visual, and brand leaders.
15+ years of Global and or Apparel Product Merchandising experience (wholesale or retail specialty). Previous experience in Merchandising, Buying, and/or Product Development for apparel is strongly preferred. Education:
Bachelor's degree in related fieldSkills:
- Demonstrated skills in the following:
- Presenting and recommending strategies and building a business case
- Driving business to exceeding company plans
- Leading and developing large merchandising teams
- Strategic forecasting for a multidimensional business
- Assuming additional areas of accountability successfully
- Influencing and negotiating at a variety of levels
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
Pay Range: $250,000 - $300,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH