We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Director of Global Consumer Insights (Innovation and Transversal) is a senior member of our Strategy and Consumer Insights team and is responsible for advancing and developing Tapestry's consumer insights roadmap and innovation strategy across brands. The role has high visibility in the organization and regularly interacts with Tapestry's senior leaders and other key stakeholders. This role will report into the VP, Consumer Insights. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Consumer Insights and Innovation to...
- This person is an integral member of the team and will develop and own the roadmap for innovation rooted in emerging consumer behaviors, as well as own any global project work that is transversal in nature and spans all three Tapestry brands (e.g. Brand Trackers, Social Listening, A&Us, Generational Studies, etc.)
- Specifically, this role will:
- Manage, evolve, and create qualitative and quantitative research that is transversal and brand agnostic such as Tapestry's Multi-Country Brand Health Trackers and Category Attitude & Usage Studies for Handbags, Footwear, Ready-to-Wear, etc.
- Lead projects to maintain understanding of consumers across generations and global regions (e.g. Gen Z/Gen Alpha, marketplace insights, etc.)
- Own and manage Strategic Initiative Studies around topics such as consumer omnichannel behaviors and shopper insights, connection with ESG, etc.
- Own and refresh Consumer Segmentation frameworks across categories and brands
- Develop and evolve Social Listening in order to track brand heat and engagement among Tapestry and competitive brands
- Develop the foresight and innovation capability grounded in emerging consumer behaviors and conduct quarterly workshops with brands to drive both short-term and long-term brand strategies across consumer touchpoints and whitespace opportunities
- Create repeatable processes to evaluate brand partnerships and collaborations that inform brand and product strategies
- Champion consumer insights across the organization and engage brand and cross-functional partners to leverage consumer understanding into development and activation initiatives
- Utilize a wide variety of qualitative, quantitative, social listening tools, etc. (both syndicated and custom) in order to address key strategic questions
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Map out the innovation pipeline to drive growth across our brands by identifying whitespace opportunities rooted in emerging consumer trends and behaviors
- Influence leaders across the organization to drive consumer-centric decision making and help formulate actionable end-to-end brand strategies based on insights
- Help build a worldclass consumer insights function that creates lasting consumer relationships to power global growth
An outstanding professional will have...
- 10+ years working and leading Consumer Insights departments/functions
- Extensive client-side experience
- Strong technical mastery of research methodologies and fundamentals (expertise in qual/quant methodologies from design to execution, storytelling to senior level executives, experience with TURF, MaxDiff, Conjoint, etc.)
- Solid experience with syndicated sources (e.g. NPD/Circana, IRI, MRI, Mintel, etc.)
- Strong experience in digital analytics, social listening, futurist/innovation projects/activities
- Strong leadership experience and people management skills
- Highly self-motivated/self-directed and able to excel in ambiguity
- Innate drive for actionable and tangible impact on the organization
- Intellectually curious and creative, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a highly matrixed organization and with external agency partners and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - experienced and comfortable communicating, influencing, and aligning executive-level management
- Good storyteller - succinct and impactful for senior audiences
- Highly adaptable, works well in an environment of change
- Other skills: familiar with popular customer analytics tools
- Relevant Bachelor's degree preferred- Master's degree a plus
- Experience in developing business strategies, ideally for global businesses preferred
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Strong experience in customer analytics and big data
- Experience developing and building e-commerce businesses and strategies
- Outstanding initiative, follow through, ability to get things done
- Creativity, outside the box thinking, innovative
- Global perspective and experience across geographies
- Strong team player mentality, supporting cross-functional workstreams
Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JL3. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or email@example.com
Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $170,000.00 TO $180,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit