About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Position is part of a Team responsible for the launch of a new business initiative; Banana Republic Home. It will support the development and management of BR Home financial and accounting processes. Position will interact with various Business Partners for information sharing, perform various work assignments with limited supervision; conduct complex accounting activities; exercise analytical and problem-solving skills to propose resolution recommendations; and participate in various analytical and financial projects, as requested by Management.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. management and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes
- provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Audit
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with others on a solution
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Assist in the development of new accounting processes for BR Home implementation
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of payables and revenue operational processes related to purchases of merchandise goods and/or services for a new venture
- Ensures invoices are processed and paid within the establish SLAs
- Independently research discrepancies related to payables operations (invoicing/purchase orders), recommending solutions for correction, and performing follow-up to confirm final resolution and possible work-flow remedies to reduce exceptions
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of related sales and tender activity in the General Ledger
- Assist in the identification and resolution of exceptions related to the revenue system and interfaces
- Assist with period closes including sub ledgers, reconciliations, and exception management
- Interface effectively with Business Partners to achieve a desired level of understanding, to obtain and exchange information, and to ultimately resolve outstanding issues
- Demonstrate ability and comfort level in communicating effectively with Director levels and above on a regular basis
- Responsible for maintaining an overall understanding of the operational functions related to the new venture, to include establishing operational guidelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of account representation by recognizing unusual account activity or balances
- Create and prepare various ad-hoc reporting on a timely basis, as requested by Management, Auditors or Business Partners
- Participate in special analytical and/or financial projects, accepting ownership and driving results
- Prepare relevant journal entries for the end of month close process
- Responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement
- Accountable for delivering excellent service to customers
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.