Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. OVERVIEW
Bloomingdale's is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented senior production designer to join our full-service in-house creative and production team. The ideal candidate has a digital marketing and web design background, as well as experience with an enterprise level management system and cross-functional project work. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Design emails and site assets. This requires skill in type design, photo selection, cropping, etc.
- Collaborate with the creative design team to collect and export online content from Adobe XD for homepage, landing pages, banners, graphic-headers, and digital lookbooks
- Communicate with project managers and site merchandising teams regarding content set-up
- Develop web experiences within Adobe Experience Manager and Contentful to accurately match editorial content mockups
- QA web content developed by an external contractor to ensure development matches the creative team's designs and ensure content functions correctly on all screen sizes. Effectively collect and communicate feedback to development team. This will require precise attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Conceptualize and design new components and content layouts for AEM and Contentful while considering UX best practices.
- Attend site design meetings with cross functional teams. Give UX feedback on Figma designs and participate in UAT.
- Maintain Bloomingdale's digital style guide.
- Communicate ideas and present them with conviction. Be prepared to sell ideas to management and peers. Interpret constructive direction, accept changes and critiques with ease.
- We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply.
- Relevant portfolio of recent work
- 5+ years of experience in building websites leveraging an enterprise-level Content Management System
- 5+ years of experience guiding and implementing complex support content projects
- 3+ years of experience in digital and/or website design
- UX/UI and accessibility expertise a must
- AEM, Contentful, and/or similar CMS platforms
- Basic HTML
- Adobe suite (primarily XD)
- Collaborating with design, engineering teams
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Highly skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
- Develop and execute plans and strategies quickly, capitalizing on momentum and incremental progress.
- Detail oriented and having the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. May be a need to move or lift items under 20 pounds.
- Must be a team player with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting all deadlines.
- Growth-oriented, with passion for the business and strong work ethic.
- Open to change, flexible, patient and cooperative with a unique blend of strategic creativity and corporate understanding; able to foster positive relationships and interaction with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of design and productivity in a fast-paced work environment.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm; In office in Long Island City Tuesday & Wednesday; remote Monday, Thursday, Friday
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Updated: 12/2018