Product excellence and innovation is at the heart of our success. Achieving a leadership position in the marketplace requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation stakeholders. The Apparel Lead PR will be responsible for driving this creation forward by managing a development team that brings our highly technical sportswear products to life. With a keen eye for process, a detail oriented mind coupled with a passion for innovation, this key position will be a vital part in the creation of tomorrow's effortless running apparel. You will have had several years working in product development with complex processes and solid experience running a team. You'll look at challenges with a solutions-oriented outlook and take initiative to improve them, continuously striving for best in class products
- Be a vital part of building ON's world class Performance Running apparel collection that pushes the boundaries of product innovation, responding to the specific needs of ON runners, and fusing unrivalled function with timeless styling in our product range
- Develop and improve the ON fit by bringing function, form, and comfort to all running and running-related garments
- Lead fitting sessions while advising on pattern and fit amendments alongside the Pattern Lead
- Co-create 3D strategy for the development and sample prototyping process alongside our 3D Specialist(s)
- Play a leading role in owning special innovation projects and key strategic initiatives with other Apparel Development Leads and the Head of Apparel Creation
- Maintain creation calendar integrity within your team and own all key development milestones that center around our brand mission, design intent, and high quality standards
- Manage and own the holistic product development process from concept sampling up to salesmen samples and size set samples, right before styles go into bulk production (handled by our Asia Sourcing Office aka ASO based in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Possess a strong understanding of how fabrics play a crucial part of our product creation and cost engineering efforts
- Work with our ASO on seasonal T1 product allocation in terms of supplier capability, technical expertise, and workmanship/construction requirements
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to identify product requirements for seasonal line assortments, commercial market needs, product delivery schedules, and product sales performance in relation to future collections
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key strategic business partners such as our T1 garment vendors, T2 material suppliers, and third party wash/dyeing, printing, and other garment finishing facilities around the world
- Provide leadership and mentoring to your immediate team as well as the overall development department by setting attainable goals, providing on the spot feedback and empathetic mentorship that will increase both individual and team productivity and happiness
- Bachelor's degree or higher (with emphasis on Apparel, Fashion, Design Textiles, Retail, etc. a plus)
- International experience preferred
- Willingness to travel globally on a regular basis to our suppliers to create, develop, and commercialise On apparel, in line with our company strategy and vision
- Be the true embodiment of a team player and human-first leader
- Excellent understanding of the industry's processes and sportswear market knowledge with the ability to lead cross-functional projects toward a collaborative vision
- Balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace ambiguity and change management while bringing an entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges
- Work calmly at a fast paced environment, attention to detail, and react quickly with the ever changing global retail landscape
- 7 - 10 years of progressive work experience in the athletic apparel industry specialising in product development, technical development, or other apparel related fields
- Strong experience in garment construction and components, fit and sizing protocol, pattern making, 3D prototyping, and product creation processes and SOPs
- Exposure to and interest in the latest emerging concepts and technologies in design, product development, and material innovation
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Share in our passion for igniting the human spirit through movement!
Meet The Team
We are an innovative, creative, and science-driven development team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into viable prototypes and eventually commercialising them into exceptional performance products sold globally at top sport retailers, in our five flagship stores (Zurich, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, London), and online. High quality, aesthetically pleasing, and truly functional attributes are top of mind when creating our two season apparel collections and multiple fashion collaborations. Our cross-functional teams combine the best experts in fields such as Development, Design, Materials, Innovation, Sourcing, and Product Management/Merchandising to create something truly extraordinary.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.