At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The Merch Planning Operations Senior Analyst role operates within the Global Merchandise Planning Operations team, supporting the team in core responsibilities across planning & reporting. This role will have responsibility for delivering on the reporting centre of excellence goals but will also support on the Collection OTB process.
They will be accountable for:
RESPONSIBILITIESReporting Centre of Excellence
- Reconciliations of Global reporting, ensuring that reports are distributed to business in a timely fashion
- Working with IT on delivering reporting center of excellence goals including self-service reporting and any new / amended report requirements
- Assisting on ad-hoc analyses including the quarterly Investor Relations trade commentary, Monthly KPI reporting and CEO board letters
- Supporting the Collection OTB process, including creating OTB planning templates, preparing historical data and consolidation of submissions
- Supervise & support Planning Assistant in day-to-day activities
- Reconciling Global Reporting to ensure accurate and timely reports to business.
- Supporting Product, Finance & Strategy with creation of weekly Trade Reporting covering Collection Trading, Comp Reporting & Trend Reporting
- Assisting the Merchandise Planning Operations Senior Manager in developing / enhancing reports and user acceptance testing of these reports.
- Working with Merchandise Planning Operations Senior Manager & project team on delivery on self-service reporting.
- Developing systems expertise & close partnership with IT & the wider business to continue Merchandise Planning Operation's centre of excellence for BW, Excel & commercial reporting.
- Analysis of ad-hoc data & reports, adding commercial insights & linking across departments
- Responsible for compiling quarterly Investor Relations trade commentary and CEO board letter statistics.
- Supporting on the Collection OTB process as required, including:
- Building & maintain Excel planning templates
- Creating summaries & dashboards
- Creating ad-hoc analysis to highlight key risks & opportunity to the company.
- Working with Regional Planning & Divisional Planning to drive continual improvement & development of tools, reporting & processes.
- Own consolidation & reconciliation of large amounts of data for subsequent analysis & insights.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Highly analytical, organised and detail-oriented with a passion for the Brand
- A flexible attitude, willing and able to manage multiple and potentially competing priorities
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience with SAP / Business warehouse / Business objects would be advantageous
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FSCT9005 || n/a ||