FIGS is looking for a full time Embroidery Machine Operator to handle our retail store embroidery. As part of the FIGS retail team, you will be onsite to handle in-store embroidery orders, maintain and clean machines and QC finished garments. The ideal candidate has the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects within deadlines, has general knowledge of different types of embroidery machines and has good communication skills. This is an on-your-feet job and with fast turnaround times, we need an energetic person with an excellent work ethic. You must be flexible, willing to work 40 hours per week, and open to adjusting your schedule as business needs and times may shift. The role will report directly to the Embroidery Production Manager and Retail Manager - focusing on work directly supporting the retail staff.
What you'll be doing:
- Read, interpret and complete embroidery orders
- Set up the machines for each job and communicate order status with the retail team
- Load design, thread selection, hooping, trimming, and packaging
- Handle text line and/or logo embroidery on woven apparel
- Inspect merchandise (QC) against order specifications
- Steam and prepare garments for customers
- Complete adjustments or repairs to embroidery
- Perform minor machine repairs
- Cleaning and oiling machines
- Keeping work area clean and tidy
- Manage supplies and storage
- Help with checking inventory in
- Assist store manager and staff with any help they may need
- Must be available to work weekends
- Good communication skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Bilingual - not required, but beneficial
- Experience in running, operating and troubleshooting embroidery machines (Barudan machine knowledge is a plus)
- Single head experience
- Ability to work independently and manage work orders
- Experience in computer software for editing
Other must haves:
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Ability to respond to short term deadlines
- Detail and quality oriented
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% awesome, like our scrubs
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $16/hr and $20/hr. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.