Reporting to the Administrative Associate, and Director of Career and Internship Services, the Administrative Secretary provides customary day-to-day and long-term operations for the department and assigned staff: including the administration, development, planning, organizing, prioritizing workflow and other office and staff activities.
Under the direction of the Administrative Associate and the Director of Career and Internship Services, the Administrative Secretary will also work closely with the unit personnel and perform administrative support work. Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Assist in preparation of documents; prepare agendas for meetings and distribute information.
- Take and transcribe notes from minutes at meetings.
- Compose memos, letters, and provide research and background information as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining budget, prepare, process, and follow-up on purchase requisitions.
- Organize, prioritize, review and maintain office records, files, office procedures, forms, record keeping systems, and inventory and supplies.
- Webmaster: Create/update departmental website pages.
- Office Publisher: Copy-edit and fact-check documents before going to print.
- Graphic Design: Design event posters, fliers, and send to print and create multimedia presentations, graphs; excel worksheets and other documents on request of counselors or director.
- Schedule space for meetings, orientations and fairs including set up, furniture arrangements, arrangements for receiving, storing, transferring and shipping of packages, arrangements with external vendors, food set up and delivery, and at times coordinate RSVP lists.
- Supervise student aids: Arrange interviews, hires, work schedules, provide duties, train them to use office systems, conduct evaluations and approve their timesheets.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's degree required.
- Minimum of two to four years of appropriate experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and exercising professional judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to problem solve and manage multiple, concurrent projects and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals at a variety of professional levels both inside and outside of the department.
- Experience managing budgets, preparing purchase request and coordinating calendars.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Banner and Bi-Tech a plus.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Starting Salary
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment. Starting Salary: $51,018 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 90, after one year of service and annually thereafter. Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, and productive. Our programs include a variety of components to help meet employees needs in order to improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
- Retiree Benefits for Full-time Employees (Upon reaching age and service requirements)
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, occasional walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Administrative Secretary in the Career and Internship Services Department.