Reporting to the Media Coordinator of the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies, the individual will be part of the CCPS Marketing Media Team. This position is responsible for maintaining all social media accounts in the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies, which includes Adult Learners and industry executives focused on the creative industries. Responsibilities & Essential Functions: Marketing
Administrative and Office Support
- Plan and schedule posts, identify trends and opportunities for engagement.
- Obtain and develop promotional materials from instructors and other stakeholders.
- Photograph, assist in planning large shoots, and develop original content for social media and digital initiatives, including video, aimed at multiple audiences.
- Organize and maintain the visual archives for CCPS.
- Edit and optimize photos and videos for social media, websites, and other digital channels using Adobe and other digital software tools.
- Create and schedule all promotional CCPS emails; maintain updated email lists.
- Design any in-house graphic collateral for CCPS. This could include posters, signs, etc.
- Assist with updating CCPS web pages.
- Assist with gathering student data and generating reports to help with promotional outreach.
- Promote CCPS events and special programs that may be outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Assist with CCPS events and special programs that may be outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Assist in the day-to-day functions of the office. Provide email/reception coverage as needed, including troubleshooting problems and disseminating basic information on established policies and course offerings.
- Contributes to a collegial work environment.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of appropriate business experience.
- Prior experience working in a marketing/social media environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of appropriate business experience preferred.
- Must be project and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet department deadlines.
- Experience with social media planning, strategy, tactics, tools, and monitoring.
- Experienced writer with strong news sense, storytelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience working with graphics; ability to identify strong photography and other types of images for use in social media platforms.
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Suite programs for web, photo, video, and audio such as Photoshop, along with office applications Word and Excel and G-Suite.
- Must be willing to work nights and occasional weekends when appropriate for events and special programs.
- Punctual, dependable, and enthusiastic about working in a highly creative educational environment.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer relations skills and be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
The hourly rate for this position is 34.81 per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) , Salary Schedule 91. Job Title
Office Associate per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) Work Schedule
Days/Hours: This position works a part-time (25 hours per week) schedule during the hours of 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, primarily during the week, but with weekend assignments. This work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, and productive. Our programs include a variety of components to help meet employees needs in order to improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives.
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, occasional walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Part-Time Marketing Associate in the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS).