Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.Alexander McQueen are currently in search of an experienced Tailor to work in collaboration with both the Men’s RTW Design Team & In-House Pattern Cutters based in our Central London Atelier.How you will contribute?
Who you are?
- Creating garments using high end tailoring sewing skills and finishing techniques (pieces for fittings, final pieces for look book or show, pieces for VIP, also toiles, trials and mock ups).
- Manipulating a variety of fabrics, strong focus on woven (tailoring, shirts, trousers and outerwear) but also denim and jersey.
- Fittings for bespoke garments including taking measurements and completing alterations, resolving any issues with the make-up of garments.
- Ensure all finished garments are completed to the highest quality and within the time expectations.
- Working on our RTW Pre and Main/Show collections, and special projects
- Supporting on the Design team on shoots.
Why work with us?
- Previous experience as a tailor within a Luxury Atelier is desirable (menswear or womenswear).
- Strong and confident tailoring skills using canvas.
- Confident in Flou.
- Strong machine and hand stitching skills, with an eye for detail and perfection.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of garment construction.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Independent, adaptable, fast & proactive, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic & Passionate.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House. We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but not limited to –
Diversity and Inclusion
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly lunch subsidy.
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience. What’s next?
All applications will be considered and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible.