Be part of an iconic story.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.
With a cross-functional reach and hands-on mentality, PVH Europe's Legal Department delivers a full range of best-in-class legal services to the entire company. Headed up by the SVP Legal Affairs (General Counsel), the department is currently organized with a specific focus on a variety of legal expertise areas:
• Digital & IT
• Consumer laws
• Intellectual Property
• Brand Protection
• Legal Operations
Our dynamic team consists of 20+ legal professionals based in Amsterdam and 10+ legal professionals based in one of the 4 regional hubs within Europe. Our team members have varying nationalities, backgrounds, cultures, and legal expertise areas.
We focus on identifying material legal risks in order to secure and preserve PVH's assets, brands, reputation, and integrity, advise and influence the business in a proactive manner and be a business partner in realizing our strategic and operational business goals.
Within an ever-changing environment it's of key importance that we anticipate regulatory changes, focus on contract management, liabilities management, and mitigating risks.
There is a strong collaboration with the overseas legal teams in other regions and we bring together knowledge in certain expertise areas by way of best practice sharing and know-how meetings.
This role involves the cross-departmental support of the PVH Europe organization, with the primary responsibility of being the go-to legal contact for various teams across the Marketing, Product, and Sustainable Business & Innovation departments. You will also collaborate with other Legal and Procurement colleagues on innovative initiatives, and the Quality Assurance and Supply Chain teams when placing new products onto the market. The position will report to and work closely with the SVP Legal Affairs / General Counsel, and support external legal counsel management, and the improvement of processes to optimize efficiency and quality control while reducing legal risk related to CSR and marketing communications globally.
• Providing well-informed, legally solid, and business-oriented advice to a dynamic, fast-paced, and ambitious business, with a business savvy can-do attitude
• acting as a critical business partner to enable growth across divisions and regions
• regularly interface and partner with global marketing, product, and sustainability teams' senior management, and collaborate with colleagues in NA and APAC to service the business globally.
Marketing and Product:
• serve as subject matter expert and lead legal contact for all marketing and advertising questions, bringing in other legal stakeholders when and as needed for matters of data privacy, compliance, and IP
• support and advice on a broad array of marketing initiatives and advertising-related activities on a global scale
• be a sparring partner and trusted advisor to project leads and departmental leaders
• draft, review, and negotiate creative and production service agreements, strategic and creative consultancy agreements, event production agreements, media buying agreements, (event) sponsorship agreements, brand partnerships, brand ambassador & talent agreements
• collaborate with other global and regional legal colleagues on co-branded product agreements and music synch agreements and clearances and local marketing activations
• regulatory compliance support and advice to the Marketing and Product Development teams during the development of product and product-related marketing assets, to optimize efficiency and quality, while reducing legal risk related to marketing communications
• day-to-day support of the vibrant Marketing and Brand Office teams, and advice on creative concepts, consumer activation initiatives, and marketing copy review
• supporting the TH APAC Marketing team with higher-profile talent contracting
• guided by the business priorities and needs, draft and implement templates for core contracts, and provide guidance on how to efficiently use the templates
• align with the business on key strategic priorities and high-level risk assessment
• Stakeholder Management
The Ideal Candidate
• Hold a Law bachelor's and master's degree, earned from a top-tier university in the Netherlands; additional relevant academic background is a big asset
• Fluent in English is an absolute must, and fluency in Dutch and other languages is a plus
• Excellent legal drafting skills, and written and oral communication skills
• Experience with representing consumer goods companies before the (national) regulator and self-regulating bodies, and advising clients on matters of unfair competition, false advertising, international commercial contracting, and trade, gained in private practice and in-house; experience at a company in a relevant industry is an added bonus
• Solid legal generalist, with specialist knowledge of the laws, regulations, and international business standards applicable to the FMCG sector, sustainability, social media, marketing, and advertising industry self-regulation guidelines
• Natural affinity with international environments, and ability to foster positive client relationships and work effectively with all levels of management
• Ability to manage complex and high-profile negotiations, and move complex projects forward by navigating inter-departmental interests, and liaising between stakeholders
• Excellent analytical and abstract thinking skills, with the ability to connect the dots and see the bigger picture, and leverage creative problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles and find effective solutions
• Proven capacity to advocate for a position, and question and honestly discuss others' points of view, while maintaining an innovative, open-minded, and collaborative mindset
• Result-driven, with the ability to make well-informed and fast decisions in complex and high-stress situations, matched to the needs and goals of the business stakeholder
• Possess a business mindset and commercial acumen, allowing to provide pragmatic advice, while appropriately balancing business priorities and growth and legal risk
• Confident and able to independently manage a large volume of parallel projects, and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities
• Socially intelligent, curious, and energetic fast learner
• Taking pride in personal excellence and possessing a strong work ethic and integrity
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
· How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
· Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
· Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
· Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
· Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
Be part of it.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.