The Service Center Operations Specialist (SCOS) is a key member of the Service Center team that supports the day to day needs of the Center. The SCOS has varying responsibilities to ensure all service orders are completed on-time to meet company servicing and quality standards.
The SCOS manages and completes service orders that require machine and laser engraving, embossing, and enameling services for Tiffany & Co. product and packaging.
The SCOS is responsible for accurately processing and analysis of service orders that are received. The SCOS guides workflow to ensure daily service levels are met, as well as provides management with frequent updates for all assigned service orders. While continuously ensuring security of the merchandise for each assigned service order, the SCOS helps stage these orders for movement through the department.
The SCOS helps manage the Service Center parts inventory, performing cycles counts as required by accounting practices, and identifying and resolving inventory issues. What You'll Do:
Contribute to the completion of client and stock repair orders by completing technical processes requiring the use of certain equipment, specifically machine and laser engraving, embossing and enameling services, ensuring orders are completed to company servicing and quality standards. Report order issues and equipment needed to management in a timely manner.
The SCOS will analyze and systematically process service orders, ensuring orders are meeting service delivery and quality standards. Processing includes at various times, but it not limited to, order logging, prioritization, and communication, supplying materials, washout, quality assurance and preparing of shipments.
Manage parts inventory, including cycle counts and parts ordering, while ensuring accuracy. Work with management to identify and resolve inventory issues.
The SCOS will provide ideas for improvement and advise management on areas of concern regarding processing, work capacity, client services provided, and merchandise quality issues.
The SCOS will also partner and assist management with projects when necessary. Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated, with desire to learn and impact favorable change
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel
- 2 years' experience in an administrative business or technical environment
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in machine engraving and/or embossing or related field preferred.
- Inventory management knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of Tiffany & Co. computer systems (i.e. Repair System, Oracle JD Edwards, etc.) is also a plus
- Graduate Gemologist preferred