With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for general ledger accounts, including preparation of various schedules, reconciliations, and analyses relating to the monthly closing process for accounts payable. This position plays a key role in building and maintaining the bridge between the Company's different brands and the finance organization. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing monthly account reconciliations, actual-to-forecast variance analysis and journal entry preparations.
- Manages the escheatment process, working with outside consultants on deliverables. Completes the month-end reconciliation.
- Develops sound working relationships with other departments to facilitate information sharing and to understand who our internal customers are, what their needs are, and that they understand the key drivers.
- Partners cross functionally to improve and increase the use of Coupa, business spend management software.
- Assists with the preparation of 1099s and 1042s adhering to IRS requirements. Maintains the tax tables for latest updates.
- Assists with various accounts payable reporting and maintenance; assists with monthly variance analysis, research discrepancies.
- Responsible for the Input of expense payable invoices for payment as well as completing prepaid reconciliations as needed.
- Works on special projects independently and as part of a team, meeting deadlines and presenting results to management. Serves as AP department back-up.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- 2+ years' work experience
- Basic knowledge of GAAP required
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically Excel
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform duties with a process improvement and customer service mentality
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with SAP and Coupa preferred
- Experience as an Accountant preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.