About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will support the overall Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. Gap Inc.'s headquarters Finance team provides financial support to various business units and the Executive Leadership teams.
This role is responsible for managing the monthly Brand Forecast and Annual Budget as it relates to Rent, Occupancy, Depreciation (ROD) and Other Income for all brands and channels for US and Canada. This includes supporting the reconciliation of the forecast inputs against final accounting results, reporting those results and providing detailed variance explanations to various levels of the organization. It also includes providing information to support Long Range Planning, Market Planning, and Real Estate deal negotiations.
This position partners with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) teams, Real Estate Finance, Lease Accounting, Capital Accounting and various other functions to confirm alignment and provide guidance to ensure business understanding of the forecasting and accounting implications resulting from operational decisions.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Lead a team of finance professionals, including providing regular performance feedback and development opportunities in both technical and behavioral competencies
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of monthly forecasts and annual budget submission
- Serve as a key point of contact for forecast related questions and escalation for team and stakeholders across the organization
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, and FP&A
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Forecast and/or budgeting and critical thinking skills from both a deliverable and management perspective
- Ability to direct a team toward the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives while promoting a positive working environment with focus on building effective teams
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and be able to work under strict deadlines
- Intermediate competency in Excel and entire MS Office suite
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.