JOB TITLE: Ecommerce Director
DETAILS: Full Time, Permanent
LOCATION: London or Dusseldorf, Hybrid
REPORTS TO: C-Level
Dr. Barbara Sturm, one of the most sought-after aesthetic doctors in the world, drew on two decades of anti-inflammatory research and practice to create her high performance, ingredient science-focused skincare regimens. Her unique products have achieved cult status with skincare devotees worldwide, and her philosophy of healing the skin has challenged both aggressive approaches and the conventional wisdom.
Dr. Sturm has built more than a brand—she has built a lifestyle based on bettering oneself through education and self-care, focusing on your own beliefs and ambition and taking every challenge as an opportunity. Our community and customers are at the core of everything we do and their voices, opinions, and ideas inform each decision we make. Join us and become part of #TeamSturm.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for an Ecommerce Director to lead and grow the D2C brand website with complete ownership of the revenue targets globally across our 4 localised websites (UK, US/Canada, Germany and ROW).
You will be responsible for all of the core areas of digital at Sturm, covering Digital Marketing, Ecommerce Trading, Tech and Development Projects, Customer Service and CRM, ensuring that growth targets are delivered while protecting the luxurious brand positioning. If you have a genuine love for luxury skincare, are trade focused and a strong team leader, this could be the perfect role for you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECOMMERCE DIRECTOR
- Sit in the leadership team and own the ecommerce channel.
- Lead the digital team with 5 direct reports and ensure a cohesive strategy within your department and cross-departmentally with brand, marketing, wholesale, creative and VIP.
- Own the development roadmap and ensure digital projects are properly prioritised to maximise resource and budget.
- Own the CRM strategy and focus on key retention goals with a data-led focus on customer experience.
- Own the digital acquisition strategy and ensure that the marketing funnel is well balanced in conjunction with the marketing team and maximise ROAS for all advertising channels.
- Own all of the trading for the .com, across 4 localised ecommerce websites. Report on the demand and net goals and ensure revenue targets are met.
- Support the Head of Customer Services to ensure the complete end-to-end experience of Sturm customers is luxurious and high quality.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- At least 10 years’ experience in ecommerce and digital roles with a focus on commerciality.
- Experience of fast-paced, high-growth brands or e-commerce pure play and an understanding of the agility needed to succeed in that kind of environment.
- Strong management skills, ensuring retention in the ecommerce team and nurturing their talent and abilities.
- In depth knowledge of digital marketing, across acquisition and retention strategies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships across departments.
- Experience on managing and owning a development roadmap and prioritising multiple projects.
Candidates invited to interview will need to demonstrate their right to work in the UK/Germany.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Dr. Barbara Sturm is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.