At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The Fabric Developer will support the team with the execution of the collections with particular focus on technical innovation and sampling execution on field.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building and maintaining a close working partnership with Suppliers, Start Up, Incubators and Institutions.
- Responsible for the execution of all sample fabrics produced in Italy
- Research and development of innovation fabric concepts and technologies according to brief:
- Collaboration with mills and follow up on new designs/fabrics to ensure correct execution
- In conjunction with the PD and GS team, agree and implement the fabric development critical path. Ensuring deadlines are adhered to and follow up on all development issues to resolve and drive to completion. Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stages.
- Responsible for the quality standard, the costing and the margins of sample fabrics
- Responsible for ensuring functionality (including consistency and standardisation) and ensuring products that are developed are fit for purpose for the customer, brand and business. This includes ongoing risk assessment during the development process and proactivity in taking actions as a result
- Responsible for collaborating with the Fabric Engineering teams while developing the collections for product testing to relevant standards, leveraging their technical knowledge and negotiating any aesthetic changes to protect the design vision
- Support production meetings follow ups at vendors, technical requirements of all proto and samples in preparation for production
- Responsible that all data and the information flow with London are maintained accurately
- Vast technical understanding of yarns, weaving techniques and finishes.
- Ability to operate creatively within an Italian supply chain for fabrics
- Ability to understand the design vision and translate it into new developments
- Ability to identify innovation in the textile sector and to translate it into fabrications
- Ability to integrate with the cross-functional teams in an international environment
- Exceptional communication skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Milan || PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9016 || n/a ||