Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This position is global tax role and will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day EMEA VAT compliances, India Direct and Indirection taxation activities, overseeing the North America Sales & Use tax function. The position will be responsible to work closely with the third party out-sourced tax partners, transformation to automation as well as partnering with internal stakeholders in the areas of Global Indirect taxation & India Direct taxation. Understanding of the technical issues impacting tax compliance, the ability to handle to answer to business day to day demands are essential to perform successfully in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Zero audit/penalties and tax risks identified by internal and external auditors.
* Internal stakeholders' satisfaction in responding to their queries
* Timely and accurate filing of Tax returns and compliances EMEA VAT role:
* Manage EMEA VAT compliance with the support of external provider and internal team members located in Bengaluru office.
* Act as point of contact for single external compliance provider to ensure timely preparation and submission of VAT returns.
* Experience with VAT accounting reconciliation, review and payments of VAT returns
* Respond to VAT Audits as needed by collecting necessary documentation and answer timely and accurately to auditors' questions.
* Backup EU VAT manager work related to compliance obligations in case of absence.
* Identify, report and implement necessary VAT regulatory changes with internal stakeholders to ensure proper compliance filings (tax code creation)
* Manage VAT refund extension project to customers with external provider.
* Work with internal stakeholders to improve VAT recovery process from 3rd parties.
* Respond to internal stakeholders' requests for various VAT matters as needed and report findings to manager.
* India taxation role:
* Transactional review and ensure appropriate Withholding taxes deduction, supervision of preparation of challans and monthly remittances within due dates, quarterly returns and issuing of TDS certificates
* Review and filing of Indirect taxes (IDT) returns, input credits & refunds and manage other annual IDT compliances
* Assist in preparation of advance tax calculations, remittances within due dates
* Assist in preparation of Return of Income and filing of annual tax returns
* Handle Scrutiny assessments and respond to Tax department on a timely basis
* Participate in India Transfer pricing discussions and performing annual TP filings
* Team responsibilities
* Handle a team of tax professionals supporting the global tax compliance
* Participate in various automation projects
* Identify automation and process improvement opportunities to increase efficiencies in Tax processes
* Identify, report and implement necessary Tax regulatory changes to ensure proper compliance fillings
* Interact with IT and internal stakeholders to ensure proper systems, data setting etc. needed to file tax returns
* Respond to internal stakeholders' requests for various tax matters as needed and report findings to manager.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* In depth knowledge of European VAT legislation.
* Awareness in new digital financial reporting requirements (e-invoicing, RTR, SAFT, etc...)
* Prior work experience with and inhouse VAT tax compliance department combined with ERP (SAP) experience.
* In depth knowledge of India Direct and Indirect tax legislations
* Preference will be given to Qualified CA, CPA, ACCA or holding International Taxation Certification and/ or Finance/Accounting degree
* 8 to 10 years' experience in a similar role working in shared service center and managing a team of tax professionals
* Ability to multi-task effectively across stakeholders and willingness to work independently
* Critical thinking and ability to provide recommendations pro-actively.
* Passion for VAT & Taxation and desire to be a valuable contributor to the success of a dynamic tax department.
* Fluency in English.