Develop and administer occupational safety and environmental management programs designed to reduce workplace risk, minimize business disruption, and assure compliance to applicable regulatory requirements. Responsible for the oversight and strategic management of the Fire and Life Safety programs including conformance to FDNY Fire/Life Safety regulations. Develop and manage initiatives to promote a productive safety culture, including programs designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition. Implement targeted countermeasure programs designed to address performance trends and foster continual improvement. Key Accountabilities:
Analyze the work environment and develop programs designed to control, eliminate, and prevent occupational disease and/or injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Provide technical support to leadership on matters related to occupational safety, environmental compliance, and operational risk mitigation.
Oversee the EAP/Fire Life Safey Director and building brigade program, conduct compliance and risk assessments, implement policies and procedures to assure compliance with NYC hi-rise fire/life safety and occupational safety regulatory requirements.
Develop and manage initiatives to promote a productive safety culture, including programs designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition.
Collect and interpret injury data to identify trends and/or causal factors, such as system failure, human error, incomplete or faulty decision-making, or a weakness in existing controls, policies or practices.
Provide quality assurance oversight for the maintenance and operation of life safety systems and fire prevention; suppression; and detection systems.
Direct the preparation and submission of all internal and external regulatory reports related to occupational safety and environmental compliance. Liaise with regulatory agencies on matters related to reporting and/or investigating compliance concerns. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety, environmental management, engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant occupational safety and environmental compliance work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a complex industrial environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical skills needed to evaluate processes and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of and experience working with performance metrics
- Ability to work with others in a mature, professional and collaborative manner.
- Advanced degree in occupational safety or environmental management
- 5-7 years of relavent occupational safety and environmental compliance work within NYC
- 1-3 years of experience managing indoor air quality and/or industrial hygine programs
- 1-3 years of management systems experience ISO14001, OHSAS 18001, OSHA VPP, etc. Professional certification CIH, CSP, ASP, or OHST
The hiring range for this position ranges from $117,810-$138,600. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus.