an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents' effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation. You are
seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today! Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You are a talented designer with a sharp mind for process and project management. You will be a Senior Director responsible for leading/motivating a team through the store design process from initial design concept through store opening. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are an expert problem solver. You flourish in the design, architecture, and construction process. With strong interpersonal skills and social fluency, you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and partners worldwide. Numbers do not scare you! You understand that maintaining budget and adhering to schedule are critical to Store Design/Construction. A Day in the Life:
The typical day includes working closely with the SVP, Global Head of Store Design and Construction as well as spearheading communication with Global Partners, cross functional departments (Sales, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations, IT, etc.), as well as your immediate team of five. If not in office mentoring and collaborating with the Store Design & Construction teams, you will travel to visit stores to ensure the brand image is maintained. You disseminate critical information to the team while also evolving and maintain global design guidelines to support the Business needs. To Land This Role:
• Architecture or interior design degree preferred
• 10+ years of direct or related experience, luxury retail and international experience is a plus
• Time spent in a traditional design firm and field construction experience is strongly preferred
• Ability to oversee a team of project managers and freelance staff, previous management experience is preferred
• Previous experience procuring materials and working with decorative elements is strongly preferred
• Ability to travel both internationally and domestically (estimated ~40%)
• Ability to work strategically with tight deadlines
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation skills to senior key stakeholders
• Highly organized and able to track multiple projects in various phases across all regions
• Knowledge of refined detailing, high quality execution
• Self-motivated, curious and rigorous thinker
• Fluency in CAD programs and architectural detailing
• Ability to work hands on throughout a technical drawing review, marking up drawings directly
• Previous budget management experience Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
Our Store Design & Construction team is a strategic group of creatives and project managers focused on providing a one-of-a-kind experience for customers from the moment they step inside our boutiques. We do this by building a welcoming store environment, bringing Tory's vision to life with unique displays and fixtures at every new location and with every renovation. Our work balances the dream with practicality — we care about the aesthetics and the electrical! — and we love taking a blueprint from concept to concrete reality. As we continue to expand our global footprint and scale, we invite you to join us!How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .