INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
The Senior tax associate will embed a culture of compliance in the Group's commercial and finance operations.
- Ensure Group Tax department's policies, processes and standard operating procedures are carried out appropriately by accounting and commercial departments.
- Advise the business in structuring transactions through tax technical analysis and providing solutions that are compliant with tax regulations.
- Performing tax health checks, tax compliance procedures, issues identification and resolution
- Monthly/quarterly WHT return filing.
- Corporate tax provision calculation, deferred tax calculations, return preparation and filing
- Transfer pricing disclosure form, local file and master file preparation support
- Support with tax implementation project in UAE and Pillar 2 implementation
- Under the supervision of the tax manager, ensure that Group Tax department objectives are met
- Escalate complex problems to country finance/accounting and follow up to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Perform procedures to ensure core accounting processes of AP, AR, treasury etc. are compliant with VAT / tax / other policies and guidelines set by the Group.
- Review transactions and documents to ensure compliance with VAT / tax / other regulations and escalate incorrect treatments
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Represent the companies in communications with tax authorities when required during tax inspections and / or audits
- Ensure to have tax audit files ready for periodic/annual tax audit
- Have good accounting knowledge to support with tax reconciliations with accounting records
- Demonstrate good organizational and project management skills
- Tax disclosures for financial statements
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced in Corporate tax and Withholding tax, preferably gained in a big 4 professional services firm
- Intermediate knowledge of GCC VAT and customs, international tax principles, transfer pricing and OECD initiatives (BEPS)
- Experience with tax implementation projects
- A degree/qualification in accounting and/or tax (ADIT, CTA, ACCA, CA, CPA)
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English with experience working in the tax compliance and advisory department in a professional services firm (big 4 preferred).
- Arabic speaking candidates preferred
- 3 - 4 years of experience in the same field
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.