Bloomingdale's is seeking a passionate, energetic, customer-obsessed leader to drive the evolution of our differentiated and elevated selling teams. The Director of Elevated Selling & Services will be responsible for the development, iteration and elevation of the selling programs that engage our best customers and strengthen those relationships. The Director will work at the intersection of humanity & technology, digital & physical commerce, high-touch & seamless experiences to define luxury experiences at Bloomingdale's ensuring that the customer, their relationship with our colleagues and our brand and their needs are always at the center.
The Director of Elevated Selling & Services will report to the Vice President of Customer Experience & Strategy and is part of the larger Customer & Revenue Growth organization. The CRG pyramid is responsible for developing the holistic experience strategy across the Bloomingdale's customer journey through innovative solutions that elevate the overall Bloomingdale's shopping experience and strengthen customer relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Own and drive the evolution and elevation of our Personal Shopping and Stylists strategy across channels to best in class standards, meeting the evolving needs of our best customers. As the program leader, define and establish the objectives, KPIs, experience, tools, training needs, marketing support.
- Leverage humanity and technology to unlock network selling opportunities. Serve as cross-functional lead, interfacing with merchants, vendors and stores to plan and execute limited-time luxury merchandise activations, with specific responsibility for developing client outreach and selling strategy and activating elevated sellers across the organization
- Connect Shoppers, Stylists and their clients to high priority activations, offering access to exclusive product and experiences
- Partner cross-functionally with our Merchants, Loyalty Marketing, Stores and Vendor community to support the success of elevated sellers and the needs of their clients
- Define, structure and accelerate our services offering (Design Trade Program, Corporate Sales, Studio Services, etc.) and develop the experience for each of these client bases.
- Work closely within the Customer Experience & Strategy organization to ensure the elevated seller strategies are appropriately integrated, and advocate for unique product/technology needs of these programs.
- Drive growth strategy of these programs, keeping a pulse on competitors and evolving Bloomingdale's strategy for the needs of our customers. Report on progress and financial performance.
- Develop deep knowledge of the Bloomingdale's brand and health of the customer base to ensure we continuously iterate and elevate our experiences to best equip elevated sellers to meet the needs of their clients
- Lead one direct report to support development and implementation of our elevated selling programs.
We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in luxury retail, client development, omnichannel experience leadership with a passion for customers and developing luxury experiences
- Thinks like a customer and embodies a customer-centric mindset that drives not only strategy development but also customer advocacy with cross-functional partners
- Outstanding relationship orientation with the ability to build meaningful relationships with key business stakeholders across our central organization and stores
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, storytelling) skills; high level of creativity, independence, and ability to project confidence
- Ability to act as a change agent to implement new and/or evolved strategies and excite partners to bring it to life for our customers
- Balance both leading a team and influencing stakeholders with or without direct reporting authority, gaining consensus, managing conflict and resolving issues when the occur
- Intellectually curious with strong people skills, drawing actionable insights and recommendations, and building strategies leveraging both art and science
- Ability to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize tasks, and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Ability to travel, spend time in stores with store colleagues and customers and work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)