About Banana Republic
Born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits, Banana Republic has repositioned itself as a premium, experiential lifestyle brand for today's modern world. Designed for a life where anything is possible, we use the finest materials with the latest fabric innovations to create timeless, versatile clothing, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Through our home and art collections, we extend beyond apparel and are a part of our customers' lives at home.
We are creating memorable, immersive experiences online and in-store that build lasting relationships and solve our customers' lifestyle needs. Our team is made up of passionate and curious storytellers who are pushing the boundaries to deliver consistent, quality product through an elevated customer experience. Sound interesting? Join us as on the BR journey as we create what's next.About the Role
Based in our San Francisco, CA corporate office, the Jr Marketing Production Artist for Digital reports to the Manager of Digital Graphic Production. In this role, the Marketing Production Artist is responsible for the accuracy and quality of digital design files before their publication. Duties include diligently applying design changes and recommendations to each project while handling an array of projects at any given moment. A high standard for quality control is a must as production artists often provide the final approval of a project before its launch. This role requires active and assertive communication with all business partners within marketing.
The Jr. Marketing Digital Production Artist role requires a bachelor's degree in graphic design or commensurate experience in a related field. A high degree of proficiency in design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is required along with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. The ability to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time is necessary.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Creating and manipulating graphics through Adobe Creative Suite apps such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Demonstrated Skills in Figma.
- Formatting graphics as well as collecting, processing and proofing various graphics files.
- Assisting design teams in producing advertising and digital graphics.
- Assessing project specifics and creating a final product that adheres to those digital requirements.
- Collaborating with the Online Producers to define design executional goals.
- Reviewing and proofing graphic materials after the designer finalizes the creative before execution.
- Translate creative and ideas into production-ready deliverables and versions.
- Work with mechanical digital standards before review and publishing.
- Create master files for renders and save in various sizes.
- Prepare and package files for final release (check size, bleed, colors, resolution, etc.)
- Assist with naming, converting, processing files.
- Create REF in PDF format for 3rd parties and/or franchises when uploading to WebDam.
- Troubleshoot production problems as they arise with designers, digital media and sites.
- Maintain familiarity with brand guidelines.
- Assist in the design of assets as needed to support the overall brand.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or commensurate experience in a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably within the retail industry.
- Advanced expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Wrike.
- Expertise in exporting, delivery, and versioning for digital
- Ability to bring creative solutions to the table, even if it requires research.
- Ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities and deadlines expeditiously
- Always learning and keeping up with trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills for fostering and maintaining business relationships
- Detail-orientated problem solver
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $55,600 - $70,800 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.