Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
*9 month FTC
* Develop, execute, and communicate assortment plans that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of assigned product group. Assist Merchandiser in current season forecasting, trading and future season planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure the financial success of the product group by meeting or exceeding sales, gross profit, and inventory turn goals on an annual basis.
• Develop assortment plan by class and store for each delivery at an option, cost and unit level based on historical data and current business strategy and financial targets.
• Work closely with the Merchandiser and buyer to ensure assortment plans are reviewed and updated through the buying process.
• Ensure assortments are planned to be optimal within store capacities.
• Report on and analyse department kpi's (options in store, sales per option, no of sizes on a weekly basis, unit depth per option and vear to plan).
• Assist Buyer in developing the scorecard for future deliveries.
• Work with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate planning of new store openings.
• Develop knowledge of geographic and store attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field feedback.
• Manage store stock levels at a class level to ensure an optimal distribution of inventory between doors to maximize sales and profit.
• Propose stock movements where necessary to optimize inventory to sales ratio.
• Production of size ratio stock and sales analysis to ensure accurate size ratio buying at a door level.
• Support Merchandiser in developing sales, margin and inventory budget plans.
• Support Merchandiser in in season forecasting as required.
• Assist in production of weekly Monday business reports.
• Ad-hoc business reporting 2. Communications/Relationships
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships within cross-functional team (buying, planning, marketing, visual, retail information etc.). In particular this will be the Merchandiser, buyer and assistant buyer team responsible for the product group.
• Participate in cross functional meetings, contributing input on product mix, inventory levels and current sales and margin forecasts
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
• Participate in company initiatives as appropriate.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Able to work on own initiative and to be pro-active
• Able to organize and prioritize; demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of sales/stock ratios, ability to provide strategies to achieve store and product turns.
• Able to understand distribution strategies and how to execute them.
• Demonstrates good listening, written and oral communication skills, effectively and clearly communicates.
• Able to build and maintain productive relationships within team environment.
• Strong PC and associated application skills, MS Word and advanced Excel a requirement.
• Show ability or aptitude in retail math's, and to learn technical applications quickly.
• A flexible and pro-active approach to business and systems management