We are looking for a Senior Photographer to join our Photo Studio team at Next!
You will manage an amazing team of in-house photographers and freelance talent working as one team to deliver the full end-to-end process of asset creation. This is an extremely fast-paced role that covers all our in-house photography teams to maintain Next's photographic vision and creative beliefs.
The position will specialise in working on Still Life Cutout Sets, but will not be limited to this. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is creative & proactive either looking to step up into a Senior photographic role or has experience within a similar position.
We want to see your skill and experience so please ensure you provide a portfolio or website featuring relevant imagery in your application.
This role is based at our Head Office Studio in Leicestershire with a secondary studio location in Elmsall. About the role:
- You will be creative as well as professional in approach. You will have experience of lighting, E-commerce photography and possess a strong eye for detail and creative flair. You will be able to deliver content of the highest quality for the Next customer aligned with our brand principles & creative direction.
- You will provide strong guidance to the Studio from a creative perspective in line with your Creative Lead.
- You will be a focused, driven, hard-working individual that has the maturity and empathy to brief, manage and direct your team.
- You must be able to remain calm and professional while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude.
- This role demands a strong team player with exceptional communication skills who is eager to learn and develop and can grasp new information very quickly.
- You will be able to identify with the ever-changing requirements of a large studio team. It is vital to build and maintain strong relationships with your Creative Lead and senior management within Next Studios.
- Provide strong, clear and aspirational creative guidance and support to the studio team from a creative standpoint and the ability to create these aesthetics with a team.
- Communicate effectively with your team of photographers.
- Provide support, workshops and training where necessary to evolve the aesthetics of the imagery creatively,
- Consistent research and understanding of new trends, street style, models, celebrities, social movements, Pinterest, Instagram etc to stay inspired, in order to bring the correct approach to every shoot.
- Maintain constant awareness of competitors, be ahead of the curve.
- To work collaboratively with other Senior Photographers within the Studio.
- Oversee multiple photographic sets to ensure the quality & output is to the required level.
- Carry out performance reviews on a regular basis to ensure effective, motivated and supported teams.
- Conducting 1-to-1s and assisting in the development of more junior members of the team. Consistently strive to think outside the box with all processes and projects showing initiative and innovation.
- Communicate effectively with your Creative Lead to establish clear, recognizable and achievable goals.
- You will be managing a team in different locations; Yorkshire, Leicester and London and will be confident in driving to these locations.
- Flexibility to work at other Next studios, external studios and on location when required.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of photography, retouching and lighting techniques is essential.
- Extremely high competence in using Capture One & Photoshop.
- Experience with various lighting kits, including Profoto and continuous lighting. Working knowledge of Canon.
- Good knowledge of videography is preferred.
- Confidence in presenting to all audiences and training others on photographic and retouching techniques.
- Assertive and constructive
- High competence using MAC Operating systems.
- A strong leader, who can manage, inspire and develop a team.
- Experience working within a large creative studio environment.
- Thorough understanding of current trends and lighting techniques.
- Forward-thinking, innovative & proactive in approach to all projects
- Superior planning, workload management and organizational capabilities.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking