Working across our entire eCommerce platform, you'll help secure and maintain the compliance of systems that handle millions of pounds worth of transactions every day. About the Team
Working within the eCommerce Patching and Compliance teams, you will manage a team of 2 System Engineers who support the eCommerce platform within Next Systems with infrastructure patching and cookie compliance. This involves ensuring we are within our defined SLA for delivering security patches across the eCommerce server estate, liaising with the development teams to categorise new cookies due to be added to our suite of websites.You will also support the engineers in running scans of our suite of eCommerce websites to identify and categorise cookies as required. About the Role
The team management side is hugely important as you will offer the team advice and guidance on the best approach for implementing changes and improvements whilst minimising risk and impact to the business. You'll also mentor team members and provide regular appraisals to aid in their on-going development.
You'll ensure that all operational issues are responded to and resolved by the team in a timely manner and that work is correctly prioritised whilst working to implement automation into processes to drive operational efficiencies.
In this role, you'll also suggest and implement technology roadmaps and feed into wider strategic decision making and provide senior management with clear and concise project updates, regular reports on team workloads as well as forecasting seasonal and annual budgets.
You'll also liaise with other central IT teams in order to ensure they are working to the same strategies and standards and ensure resource levels are adequate to meet business needs.
Flexible working options are available with this role, including home working Criteria Essential
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with SCCM, Cookie Management System,
- An understanding of Powershell, Web Applications, APIs, Databases & Mainframe connectivity
- A team player who is hardworking and self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record working in a large corporate environment
- Flexibility to cover unsociable hours and peak periods at short notice
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads and to measure and report on current progress
- Can work to strict deadlines, remain positive and calm under pressure
- Adheres to and promotes high standards with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Proven ability to mentor less experienced members of staff
- Experience of managing a team
- Understanding and experience of working for a Retail company
- Industry recognised qualifications such as MCP, MCSE advantageous.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking