Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
At Coach, we believe better-made things can help create a better-made future-and this starts with how we design, craft, and develop our products. Though we've always prided ourselves on creating high quality product crafted to last, we know we must go further and build a more circular future for fashion. With this responsibility in mind, we are launching a new initiative, Coachtopia, which is focused on end-to-end circularity with an innovative business model that reimagines product "end of life" and Coach's impact on the environment.
The Materials Manager will be a key member of the Coachtopia team, leading the full product development process of Coachtopia's materials for leathergoods, RTW, footwear and hardware from initial design concept through commercialization, to bring to market a compelling circular assortment for Coach. This role will report to the Senior Director, Operations and Project Management. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Product Development & Production to...
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Partner with Product Development, Design and Material Innovation leads to execute product development for materials based on design strategies and priorities set by team for leathergoods, footwear, RTW, prints, hardware and trim.
- Support material and hardware innovation with new approaches to going to market, with sharp lens on opportunities to be closer to customers and demand.
- Partner with ESG sustainability team to ensure rigorous circular product standards are met and exceeded and to continually reduce carbon footprint of product collections.
- Manage all aspects of development while engaging Design to ensure aesthetic intent; create raw material tracker, material boards, color palettes etc.
- Analyze design cards and BOMs for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate with team on the sending of development packages, materials and trims to sample rooms and Service Providers.
- Track development sample deliveries and manage the timely delivery of samples, mockups and other submits from sample facilities to the team.
- Lead the review of material and color submits to meet Product Development Timeline milestones.
- Collect and evaluate costing for accuracy of materials at proto, final sample, and bulk stages.
- Attend fittings and participate in weekly working sessions as needed.
- Manage and input Bill of Materials and PD updates in ecVision system, HIGG and internal sustainability calculators.
- Review Weekly WIP submissions for production and delivery status; lead weekly material meetings.
- Prepare data for end of season recaps specifically relating to environmental impacts.
- Support the sourcing, development and onboarding of new SP's withinthe Tapestry SOPs.
- Attend material trade shows to research innovations for department and industry innovations in sustainable and circular materials.
- Collaborate with Material Innovation and Design teams on material innovation roadmap; present updates to larger team.
- Partner with Trade and Compliance, ESG and marketing on customer facing material claims.
- Manage workload, communication, and direction directly to factories both overseas and domestic.
- Partner closely with Design, Global Merchandising and Operations teams to drive significantly more agile product development timelines and processes, ensuring all deadlines and launch timelines are met.
- Manage all communication and support with external design and development agencies.
- Work in agile methodology with a focus on empowered, self-organizing teams, an iterative approach that allows for rapid experimentation with continuous feedback loops in short time-boxed sprints, and mindful adaptiveness to change.
- Partner with Material Innovation lead on pilots and robust test and learn agendas; deliver proof of concept updates to design team and strategize integrations into assortments
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $95,000.00 TO $113,300.00
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit