INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
In SGII, we are versatile and passionate innovators that build bold fashion brands to make their mark and drive positive growth - growth that is profitable , sustainable and responsible.
As one of our Innovators, our Director of Fashion Innovation will be responsible for leading and generating powerful and differentiated fashion brand concepts based on deep consumer insight for our Fashion Innovation team. You will use your leadership and commercial expertise to discover, create and build consumer-centric brands, including managing the brand creation, commercialization, test market management and go-to-market launches.
You will collaborate and work closely with Management, partners and business units to ensure initiatives are suitably prioritized, whilst leading on the successful execution.
Leading Fashion Innovation agenda for the Group:
- Develop and deliver a data-driven Owned-Brands Fashion strategy that drives long-term sustainable revenue and profit growth across multiple categories.
- Be a visionary leader who knows how to identify where to play, and can ignite brand concepts and ideas that are fresh, exciting and ahead of the curve, whilst basing the opportunities on emerging consumer trends with the relevant data (whilst collaborating closely with our Intelligence team to do so)
- Leading the Design team, ensuring to use consumer insights and feedback to proceed with concept development and leveraging internal and external resources to conduct this research in a time and cost-effective manner, converting the insights into actionable brand concepts
- Develop an innovation pipeline strategy in line with the Group's 3-year strategy
- Create Go to market strategies including but not limited to DTC, co-creation or distribution and identify the right talent to work with to develop the brands in an optimal way
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the entire portfolio with innovation
- Create brand growth strategies by identifying opportunities to grow and expand product lines, geographies
- Lead cross-functional teams including Supply Chain, Operations, Ecom, Marketing, Product Development and Commercial teams on launch plans and marketing strategies that match the brand DNA
- Contribute to the annual planning process supporting overall Group strategic objectives
- Manage assigned budgets and proactively identify risks and opportunities
Managing and building team:
- Build and manage a fit for future structure
- Lead and empower team members (own team and cross-functional teams assigned to specific projects)
- Ensure growth and professional development of the team through practical upskilling and coaching
- Support staff development and nurture talents
- Build a high-performing culture and bring the teams together to achieve a common goal
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience from concept to launch bringing fashion brands to market
- Proven track record in establishing and growing successful and innovative fashion brands
- An inquisitive, entrepreneurial, and creative mind
- Self-directed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities
- Strong leadership skills to develop a high-performing team
- Superior ability to track and predict trends
- Strong business knowledge and acumen
- Familiarity with the retail industry
- Excellent ability to collaborate with executive teams, and many internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas
- Data-driven mindset, with a natural curiosity for results
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department STRATEGY, GROWTH, INNOVATION & INVESTMENT