As the Assistant Concept Designer of Innovation, you will be responsible for driving and leading our design team towards groundbreaking and transformative ideas. You will play a role in defining and implementing our design strategy, fostering a culture of innovation, and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Your passion and understanding of design trends, emerging technologies, and customer needs will enable you to create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations and position our company as a continual leader in the industry. This role reports into our Director of Design. What you'll do:
- Collaborates with design team to document new concepts, ideas, and inspiration each season across all product categories
- Assist in the execution of innovative design concepts that align with our brand identity and business objectives
- Must have strong design eye and passion for apparel design
- Confidently takes direction from senior designers to assist with all product design or development needs
- Executes designs with a strong flat technical sketching ability. Works with senior design mentor to accurately visualize design ideas and product detailing
- Creates BOMs and set up of design artboards to assist with design and development
- Updates BOMs for all necessary styles from development through to production
- Assists with design updates and comments from weekly fittings and manages design samples in collaboration with technical design assistant
- Ensures all Core CADs are up to date and color selections/swatches
- Ensures color palettes and all tools are up to date based on product creation evolution
- Proficient in PLM, or other product line managing software (preferred)
- Create and maintain Linesheet
- Takes detailed notes during all design and development meetings
- Takes detailed notes in presentations lead by Design Leadership. Assists with set up of design presentations and sample racks/swatches
- Ability to create original artwork as directed by senior designers and present in professional format
- Ensures tidy upkeep of design studio, design boards, material and trim libraries
- Minimum 1-3 years of apparel design or design assistant experience
- Bachelors or Associate degree preferred in fashion design
- Strong understanding of apparel design basics and product creation process
- Ability to create both hand and digital detailed sketches
- Demonstrated time management, strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and be highly organized
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Word programs
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base hourly range is between $21.88 and $31.25. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service A little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.