INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Solid knowledge and experience of fashion, mass retail, merchandising and the global and KSA retail market is required.
- Communicating improvements to be made to product samples to suppliers
- Discussing trade and the impact this may have on next season
- Working with suppliers to develop samples and build a commercial range
- Researching market and customer trends, Identifying any new products for the department to trial
- Attending fit sessions and approving or rejecting fits
- Agreeing packaging and presentation of product
- Using line print to review sales, highlighting reactions to the team and offering suggestions
- Preparing and presenting weekly department sales information and samples for trade meetings
- Accurately confirming all order details with suppliers
- Identifying any problems with delivery through communication with suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers to resolve delivery issues
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Experience of working within a fast paced fashion retailer
- A full understanding the Buying and Merchandising Lifecycle
- Some experienced in managing or mentoring others
- Proficient in presenting to Senior Stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can confidently work out cost prices, margins and recommend selling prices
- Preferably 8-10 years experience in Buyers Administration
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department PROCUREMENT Role Head of Procurement