About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The FSAL Merch Analytics team analytically supports the formulation of the FSAL global product assortment and the phases of product life cycle (preseason product line planning and in-season global trend analysis). The team partners with Merchandising, Pricing, Account Planning and regional channels to set and ensure growth targets are achieved, and support aspects of planning, projecting and buying for its categories.
In this role, you'll help to drive franchisee seasonal investments to hit wholesale budget and earnings through analysis of divisional/product financials for the ATHLETA BRAND. The Analyst is responsible for supporting the Merchandising Analytics team with relevant data and analysis and for reporting and analyzing of accounts. This role will also be a strategic partner for select multi-channel franchise accounts.What You'll Do Pre-Season
- Continuously leverage analysis, product trends, and productivity to inform global plans and assortments (Product analysis below div/dept/class positioning)
- Forecast and measure new trends, and apply them to pre-season buys, projections, and in-season actions. Study sales history to make and influence focused investments and sound sales plans
- Inform merchandising assortment architecture to improve productivity by market and product category.
- Provide seasonal, global financial framework for Div/Dept assortment
- Own CC rationalization and productivity analysis
- Assist in Midsight, Hindsight and inform Go forward Market Product Strategy
- Support Wholesale pricing strategy for style/cc's
- Assist with Market deliverables ranging from setting up planning tools, onboarding new accounts, creating report benchmarks, running investment reviews and attending relevant milestone meetings
- Reporting - Run reports and analyze performance - building reporting from the ground up is a plus
- Support key initiatives and strategies through analytics, reports and tools that quantify results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
- Identify and action on opportunities to standardize reporting as well as in-depth ad hoc analysis
- Manage multiple data sources, identify ATHLETAs in the data capture process and make suggestions on enhancements for data integrity and accuracy
Who You Are
- Assist in FSAL responsive levers/global chase opportunities based on early reads on newness sales
- Create reporting to support ABD/Acct Planning on promotional and MD recommendations
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in product planning, merchandise planning or buying related analytical experience preferred
- Experience with wholesale/franchise business/leveraged market a plus
- Experience and love for product
- Ability to problem solve independently and through strong partnerships with business partners across the globe; thrives in a dynamic environment with a high degree of ambiguity and agility
- Possess a clear understanding of financial metrics and levers, including sales, comp levers, gross margin, and inventory metrics
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are a must (particularly in Excel where pivot tables and v-lookups will be used extensively)
- Ability to attend late night or early morning calls required
- Based in the San Francisco Area
- Attention to detail, strong time management, and self starter attitude are key skills for success in this role
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $53,600 - $68,300 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.