FIGS is seeking a strong Staff Accountant for our month-end financial close, financial reporting, external audits, and other accounting and finance projects. We are looking for someone who can thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, emerging growth environment to help take the Accounting function to the next level. The ideal candidate will be a successful, curious, and proactive Accountant who wants to continue building their accounting career collaborating with a like-minded team.
What You will Do:
- Monitor GL activity throughout the month and identify anomalies and propose necessary adjustments to ensure accuracy and integrity
- Support operations for the General Ledger and monthly close process.
- Prepare month end journal entries, reconcile general ledger and sub-ledger accounts, and assist with all accounting functions
- Track, enter, and reconcile fixed asset and prepaid sub-ledger.
- Ensure accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP and the company's accounting policies
- Work cross functionally with the Finance department to conduct month budget variance analysis for various P&L accounts to assess and report deviations from planned financial targets
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests and assist with audits
- Collaborate with management in process improvements, system enhancement initiatives and maintaining strong internal controls
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Public Accounting and SOX 404 experience preferred
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Strong teamwork and business partnering capabilities
- Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
- Ability to leverage technology for efficient data gathering and analysis
What We look For:
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Strong time management and analytical skills, attention to detail, and solid communication abilities.
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Team player with an egoless nature
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $56,000 and $80,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.