Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The senior Inventory Planner, Coach will support the Tapestry EU Inventory Management team in creating, finalizing and driving in season management of OTB plan across Full Price Ecom and Retail Doors / Outlet (OMNI), leveraging total regional inventory ownership and maximizing DC location opportunities. A key role in delivering performance against sales and margin targets, maximizing pre and in season inventory and driving cross channel inventory optimization opportunities. Reports into Manager, Inventory Management - Coach.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Key contributor in driving cross channel inventory optimization in line with global inventory brand targets and to support delivery of Coach Europe Annual Operating plan and facilitate inventory optimization to support Wholesale CE channel
- Publish the detailed Coach Europe Full price and Outlet Business unit level OTB plan based on top-down guidance provided, partnering with Buying to drive category opportunities. This includes sales, gross margin, shipment, inventory turn and WOH targets at dept / class level, to consider Wholesale in partnership with Demand Planner - Coach
- Manage inventory level of multi DC fulfilment centres through location sales forecast and location shipment plan. Collaborate with Buying team to meet the production timeline.
- In-season OMNI inventory review to support inventory R&O
- Monthly review Never out of stock (NOOS) sku level detail on European inventory share with Global business units
- Share product lifecycle visibility and propose action plans for end-of-life inventory
- Collate and present at Global Monthly Inventory call - present monthly BU inventory levels with clear action plans taking into consideration WOH and inventory turn across all EU channels (including Wholesale), taking into consideration aged inventory and liquidation strategy
- Present at inventory management meetings - weekly / monthly reporting upcoming deadlines and deliverables
- Partner with Global inventory partner in New York to respond to all Coach EMEAI inventory queries
- Partner with Buying counterparts to drive movement of aged inventory through relevant channels and share timeline with Business - reflect any projected impact to margin following discussion with Buying and record progress in monthly Global Inventory call
- Maintain departmental analytical and reporting tools in line with required output
- Monthly management of RPAs to reflect AUR / GM % / receipt plan - call out high WOH which may require proposals which could impact margin and communicate to Director - Inventory Management to drive updates to sales / margin to clear.
- Co-ordinate proposed write off plan in partnership with Finance within timelines as dictated by Global Inventory
The accomplished individual will possess...
- 3+ years Merchandise Planning and Inventory Management Experience
- Strong academic background
- Experience in a fast-paced retail organization
- Advanced computer skills in Excel required
- Proficient in use of retail planning systems ideally RPAS and use of Cora, SAP
- Ability to manage own workload and effectively focus on multiple priorities
- Enthusiastic partner with desire to achieve team objectives and goals
- Organised and analytical with strong attention to detail
What Tapestry can offer you:
- Hybrid working (3 days working from the Office, 2 days remote)
- Option to finish early on a Friday (Flex Fridays)
- 1 Paid Volunteering Day per year and opportunities to volunteer with global projects
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Internal mobility & career progression
- Regular Social Events - Seasonal & Cultural
- Equity Inclusion & Diversity initiatives which include employee resource groups & regional inclusion council
Other benefits include:
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Multi brand discount up to 50% off - Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman
- Private Healthcare with health assessment (Bupa)
- Bupa rewards - Financial wellbeing support and wellness discounts
- Private Dental Cover
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Gym discount
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.