About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us. About the Role
Transportation Finance manages the expenses associated with moving Gap Inc.'s product from origin to stores. This role will primarily be responsible for global international inbound air freight, ground freight, and Japan Logistics. This role will participate in the team's forecast, month-end close, annual budget, ad hoc projects and reporting.
The successful candidate will have strong skills in the areas of accounting, finance, and financial reporting. They will also have strong written and oral communication skills and can develop effective relationships with business partners across the organization at various levels of leadership.
This position reports to the senior manager of Transportation Finance, and into the broader Global Supply Chain finance team.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Complete monthly forecast, close and annual budget for areas of responsibility
- Evaluate current processes, tools and reporting to improve accuracy, drive efficiencies, and incorporate new concepts.
- Understand and incorporate the impact of network changes in the forecast, budget and LRP process
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with operations teams and cross-functional business partners across Gap Inc.
- Partner with operations teams to provide financial modeling support.
- Partner with brands and accounting business partners to inform freight costing initiatives
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with 3+ years of experience
- Established knowledge of accounting/financial principles and theory
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, closing, and reporting
- Proven analytical ability, financial modeling and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, juggle and prioritize multiple tasks, and adapt to an ever evolving, fast paced environment
- Strong ability to work with large volumes of data and shift focus as needed from granular data mining to recapping findings at an executive level
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.